Personalized channel guide
jstevans

I'm new to FiOS TV and find myself facing many of the same questions, and disappointments, I had as a Comcast customer.  For example, channel clutter.

The package I subscribe to has dozens of channels I will truly never, ever, ever watch even though I am subscribed to them by default within my package.  Checking the guide requires scrolling past listings of all those channels I don't care about.  Channel surfing is like walking through mud it's so thick with uninteresting channels.

For decades TVs have allowed users to quickly and easily add/delete channels from showing up when surfing.  That's pretty much what I'm looking for - get the unwanted channels off the guide, out of search results, and never appear when I'm surfing.

I think I could create a "Favorites" set if I had the patience.  But adding each channel via the web UI requires four separate clicks:

1. On the little heart at the left of the guide
  2. Choosing Favorites 1 or 2
  3. Save
  4. Closing the "Your channel was added to Favorites" window

I just don't have the patience for 200 or so clicks just to create my personalized favorites list.

Someone please tell me there's a better, meaning faster and easier, way to customize my viewing experience.  I feel like I have gone backward 20 years in flexibility.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Likes
Re: Personalized channel guide
Rigby1

If you click Guide on your remote at the top of the TV sceen you see "Filtered By: All Channels" To the right you see 'Press Guide for Options" Press the Guide button on your remote and choose Filtered By: Subscribed. That will just show you the channels you are subscribed to. If you are subscribed to every channel it won't help much. I have a custum package so I just see the channels I have.

0 Likes
Re: Personalized channel guide
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes