Picture Freezes with Error
pagnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've added a treadmill in our playroom and when it is in operation the picture/audio does not display on our main tv in family room.  We receive the following: message - call 1-866-962-1946 and enter quick code 8801--0199 then states our unit address.

This is an hd cable box/TV that is having the problem.  The interesting thing is there is a non hd cable box/TV in the playroom that operates fine when the treadmill is in operation.  We have tried different outlets with the same results.  Talked to an electrician friend who never heard of this issue.  I'm going to call the number as outlined but wanted to post this in case anyone has run into a similar issue or has any ideas.

I've gone thru the troubleshooting that comes on screen (resetting the cable box) but that doesn't help either.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Picture Freezes with Error
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like either bad shielding on a cable or some source of noise which is interfering with the signal when the motor for the treadmill is in operation.

A couple of things to try ...

1. Try moving the treadmill to an outlet which is on a different circuit.   Try a few different circuits to see if any one gives you better results.  If so, tell your findings to your electrician friend and tell him someone mentioned about getting the treadmill moved to the opposite phase as the playroom's current circuit.

2. If you've got any cable outlets or splitters which do not have a cable attached to them which ends up on an STB, get some inexpensive 75ohm terminators (search terminators on the forums for a link and discussion on this) and put a terminator on every outlet.   This will get extra noise from leaking into the system.

3. Check all the cables connecting your STB's to the outlets and make sure they all have good connections and no poor quality cables or connections.    This means all cables are good RG-6 screw type coax connectors, none of those cheap push on connectors or thin cables.   Make sure the ONT -- specifically the shielding for the coax is tied to a grounding spike (big metal copper wire which attaches to a cold water pipe or seemingly just goes into the ground).

4. Lastly, try reorienting and moving the treadmill around the playroom to see if that has any effect (you're trying to figure out where the noise is getting into the system and move the source -- threadmill motor most likely -- away from it).

Re: Picture Freezes with Error
pagnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think you're on to something.  I have the treadmill on a 12 awg extension cable because there is no outlet where the unit is is located.  Was going to try to plug it in directly but it's not the easiest thing to move.  Appreciate your insights very much.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Grazie!

0 Likes