Re: Picture cutting in and out
Jeff7500

This annoying problem is happening with me also,  I am using a HDMI cable attaching a  Motorola HD DVR 7216 to a Samsung 46” HD LCD.  I am going to try the Component Video Cable solution and let you know how this works.  I just hope I do not lose my good picture that I have now going from HDMI to component.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
michelliot
Enthusiast - Level 2
This issue resolved itself after only about 12 hrs.  There were no one second blackouts on my set all day yesterday. (Monday the 11th)
Message Edited by michelliot on 05-12-2009 03:27 AM
0 Likes
Fender1114

What do you mean when you say that it "resolved itself"? Did you call Verizon about a fix, or did it just stop happening on it's own?

I have gone a day or two without this happening (longer if I switch to a different HDMI chord), but it always comes back, and it is REALLY frustrating.

Has anyone had any luck with switching to components? And is Verizon aware of this problem?

0 Likes
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3
We have started getting this random video/audio drop out. It began as once every hour or two but last night it was every 5-10 min. I did a re-boot of the 7216 and thing were OK but I will see tonight if it starts dropping out again. Come on Verizon.... FIX IT !!!!
0 Likes
fiosuser01

I have been experiencing picture cutting in and out now extensively.  Almost to the point of being unwatchable at times. 

Does anyone know what this issue is and if Verizon is doing anything about it?

0 Likes
Adamb
I wanted to add myself to the list of people that are experiencing frequent video & audio freezing and artifacting.  I am using a TIVO3HD with 2 cablecards via hdmi to a Sharp 52d65u tv.  Over the past month the frequency of these interruptions has been increasing.  I can absolutely guarantee that my setup has clean cables.  So this is happening to people that don't use Verizon STB's, its also happening to cablecard customers. I've even had complete channel blackouts twice over the last month that was resolved by power cycling the Tivo box.  Previous to this month, I'd had 2 months of almost flawless signals and quality.
0 Likes
TechnoCheer

Seems like you guys have the best of it as it takes a minute or two for my system to come back on line.  Happened four times in three hours last night. Don't have DVR so quite irritating.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Adamb wrote:
I wanted to add myself to the list of people that are experiencing frequent video & audio freezing and artifacting.  I am using a TIVO3HD with 2 cablecards via hdmi to a Sharp 52d65u tv. 

Have you considered the possibility that the FiOS signal is too strong for your TIVO?  If you search here and the FiOS forum at dslreports.com you will find that many TIVO users have had to add attenuators in order to get a non-overload with TIVO. 

Just a suggestion.

0 Likes
fiosuser01
It was happening for me constantly (every couple of minutes for 1-3 seconds) as of 3 days ago.  I reset my motorola DVR box and it hasn't happened since.
0 Likes
caryn74

This sounds a lot like what is happening to my FiOs TV -- sometimes when turning the STB and TV on, the tv is just black/white snow but both components are on and the settings are all valid. I have tried numerous things to resolve this, but as the previous poster commented, it really only seems to resolve after turning off the components and coming back later. I have noticed this happens mostly (but not always) when the set is turned on manually and not by the remote. Is this an issue with the TV, the STB or both? It does seem like a sync issue, but it is extremely frustrating. We have another box in the bedroom that doesn't behave this way -- my main TV is an older model  Toshiba (but not ancient), is there a known problem here and will anyone address it from Verizon? Would like to be able to have reliable service whenever we turn on the TV.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Caryn

0 Likes