Picture freezes and connection loss to TV One message

Picture freezes and connection loss to TV One message

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(240 Views)

Hi to all.

I'm getting very frustrated with this. I had FIOS installed on December 16. Right after the tech left who installed it, the picture on the mini box froze. I put a call in for service and the parade of techs started arriving. Each one seemed to know what they were doing however nobody fixed the issue. This is an entire month now and still the issue persists.

Here's the long and short of it:

After the television has been playing it will just freeze. Sometimes a freeze is all that happens, sometimes I get the Lost Connection to FIOS TV One message. When I look at the self diagnostics it has red 0.0.0.0 on the WAN, when I look at the main box it has the same thing. Also fails on other items on that screen.

I've had 6 or 7 techs out here. They've replaced the wire from the telephone pole to the outside box. They've replaced both boxes. They've replaced the coax to the router and the main box. (The mini is connected via coax also).

The router is no more than 20' direct line to the main box with no closed doors, excess metal, nothing that should interfere. I've had FIOS before, just got rid of Comcast and the setup has been the same.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it. Obviously the techs have no idea what they are doing otherwise they would have fixed it by now. I suppose it's totally up to me to fix the problem.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(226 Views)

Just thought I'd add a few other things. Since the initial install they've:

Replaced both the main and mini box.

Ran new coax to the router and the main box.

I'm wondering if the new Ethernet cable the installing tech put in is bad. Would that account for all the issues?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.