Picture freezes and connection loss to TV One message
PokerTed

Hi to all.

I'm getting very frustrated with this. I had FIOS installed on December 16. Right after the tech left who installed it, the picture on the mini box froze. I put a call in for service and the parade of techs started arriving. Each one seemed to know what they were doing however nobody fixed the issue. This is an entire month now and still the issue persists.

Here's the long and short of it:

After the television has been playing it will just freeze. Sometimes a freeze is all that happens, sometimes I get the Lost Connection to FIOS TV One message. When I look at the self diagnostics it has red 0.0.0.0 on the WAN, when I look at the main box it has the same thing. Also fails on other items on that screen.

I've had 6 or 7 techs out here. They've replaced the wire from the telephone pole to the outside box. They've replaced both boxes. They've replaced the coax to the router and the main box. (The mini is connected via coax also).

The router is no more than 20' direct line to the main box with no closed doors, excess metal, nothing that should interfere. I've had FIOS before, just got rid of Comcast and the setup has been the same.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it. Obviously the techs have no idea what they are doing otherwise they would have fixed it by now. I suppose it's totally up to me to fix the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Picture freezes and connection loss to TV One message
PokerTed

Just thought I'd add a few other things. Since the initial install they've:

Replaced both the main and mini box.

Ran new coax to the router and the main box.

I'm wondering if the new Ethernet cable the installing tech put in is bad. Would that account for all the issues?

0 Likes
Ab8111

I am having exact same issue did u get this resolved ? 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ab811 wrote:

I am having exact same issue did u get this resolved ? 

If you try to connect the minis with WiFi you most likely will have connection issues no matter how close they are to the router. If you loose the wired connection, check power to the router, and see if the router drops out at the same time. Also check the splitter to make sure it is MoCa 2.0 certified. Check all coax connections too.

Ab8111

No problem with internet or TV.. just on demand services always failing .. and after playing playstation the fios min needs to re connect very frustrating .. 

0 Likes
Ab8111

So if a splitter is not moca 2 certified shouldn't it not be able to connect at all and not be an intermitten issue always happening at night?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ab811 wrote:

So if a splitter is not moca 2 certified shouldn't it not be able to connect at all and not be an intermitten issue always happening at night?

Not necessarily. Sometimes a non certified splitter will pass SOME of the frequencies required, but be borderline. You usually have problems with the guide, or on demand problems, unless the minis are connected via coax, then they'll have connection problems too. Simple to replace the splitter with 2.0 certified, and it may solve the problems. Look at the system information next time it goes bad adn see what the SNR is and the connection status. Also if the ethernet feed from the ONT to the router is bad you'll loose your internet connections at the same time.

Ab8111

Yea no problems with internet at all ... tech changed splitter coming into house and only other splitter I know off .. so weird seems to be same time mid day then at night  . Connection lost to fios tv one then it corrects it self only to freeze ... and lose connection again .. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ab811 wrote:

Yea no problems with internet at all ... tech changed splitter coming into house and only other splitter I know off .. so weird seems to be same time mid day then at night  . Connection lost to fios tv one then it corrects it self only to freeze ... and lose connection again .. 

Sounds more like a router problem. Did they replace your router? Any chance there is some kind of reboot happening at night for updates to the router? I assume you have powercycled the router and checked all the connections to it, could be just that it needs to be replaced.

Ab8111

So limited the reboots of system to once a week instead of almost constantly .. found a loose female to female connection on main run to router .. tightened it only have to reboot about once a week .. and on demand working almost all the time until reboot is needed .. still upset about mini loses connection when I go up to bed and have to go back downstairs reboot main box then mini .. question moc tx ND rx rates on min read 670 and rx 634 .. u mentioned snr? mini is currently working has Snr value of dB and Snr level of error? this is all after it wouldn't connect to TV one Google for an hr about moca and everything else left it on trouble shooting screen and it just popped on and fixed it self .. thing besides router I'm thinking.. coax is bad .. that female to female adapter is bad .. or the splitter in attic is old so could be affecting mini.. any thoughts lol it's 112 a.m. and if want to not to get ready to go to bed after watching TV down stairs go up stairs to find TV not connected to go back down to reboot TV one for that to get stuck on connecting to network .. to rebooting the router then the box .. ok everything works fine. Go upstairs to reboot mini and connects to only freeze and lose connection a minute later .. to it fixing it sex without doing anything .. soon what u think ? Lol

0 Likes