Re: Picture freezing on multiple boxes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to contact support.

This is a peer to peer support forum.

They can diagnose to help determine if you have a hardware issue.

0 Likes
CDOsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, in this instance it appears to be New England system wide and not an individual customer's equipment.  I had it happen too on many of the same channels (I didn't check as exhaustively as kdex86 did).

Yup, couldn't watch the Red Sox game either.  I was annoyed since I previously posted that similar problems were my ONT and that they fixed it.  Checked SNR on some channels and it was in the 40 range.

And then the next morning everything was back to perfect.  So I chalked it up to wind rattling their satellite dishes or whatever mystical electronic events cause signal interference and that it's all better now.  Didn't check for excessive sunspot activity 🙂

Expecting a cable service to deliver all channels perfectly 100% of the time is kind of unrealistic.  They all have some kind of outage from time to time.  So I woudn't consider jumping ship unless it's a persistent problem.  I remind myself that there was a reason I left Charter for FiOS and do I really want to jump back to that ship.  Usually the answer is a resounding NO.

0 Likes
Massman
Enthusiast - Level 2

after "upgrading to Quantum TV," when it came out I have been experiencing intermittent picture freezing on both my media servers. I am getting very annoyed that this is happening considering how much FiOS charges for their service. It took me over a year to get the quantum router that I was suppose to receive when I upgraded to quantum. Now I have to deal with this issue. I have received new media servers but still the same issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be signal level issues.

Have you checked to make sure all fo your connectors are tight? Starting at ONT?

Have you checked signal levels on each box?

0 Likes
duaneman
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your TV has built-in wifi networking make sure it is connected to your fios router.  At some point in time, my tv got disconnected from my router and did not reconnect.  I think the tv has been trying to reconnect to a network that appears in available networks or the router has been trying to reconnect with the tv and this has caused some kind of interference.  No picture freeze since reconnecting my tv to the network. 

0 Likes
BananaRepublic
Enthusiast - Level 2

08MAY2019 Back to the Future:

From 05 May to 07 May the picture would freeze on multiple channels. Using the remote to change to another channel often you are not subscribed blah, blah.

By accident I found out that by changing channels a few times that the signal would usually come back normally for about another 20 minutes to a hour then deep freeze again. Rebooted STB and ONT several times = no help. Monday, 05 May, the wife contacted them and it would be fixed by 3:39 pm. Next joke! I contacted Min (whatever kind of name that is) Verizon Tech Support on 07May19,  AM  and I basically got the party line + she wanted me to reseat cables ...  I told her that I was hanging up on = BYE!

Luckily, we have an upstairs TV and obviously different STB on the same home network. So I turned on both TV-STB's to a movie on HDNET. 20 or so minutes later both TV's had the same exact image-picture frozen on them. I had my answer = Verizon. I learned that from Comcast. It's almost always them, and be very skeptical about anything they say or have posted online. A communication's company whose employees are kept in the dark. Lastly, turned on Router and ONT after work (07MAY19 late PM) and our service seems restored and working properly again (for now). 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes