Picture in Picture
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I am new to FIOS service and see that the remote control has a PIP button.  Does FIOS have PIP now or is this a future feature.  If feature exists how do I get it to work since nothing happens when I press the button.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Picture in Picture
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They currently do not support pip.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They currently do not support pip.

GRW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why doesnt FIOS work with PIP? This is probably the worst feature of this service. I had PIP 20 years ago with another company. I got FIOS when I moved here and thought it might be soon implemented, but years later theres nothing. The **bleep** at their chat line technical service dont even know the term. I asked if I could use PIP on my tv with my FIOS and the first person had such little knowledge she transferred me to what passes at FIOS for their technical expert. I asked him the same question and he asked if PIP was the name of the TV manufacturer. When I explained it in detail he said he had never heard of the term.  Did I go back in time and it's now 1994?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on what you mean.

I utilize PIP on my TV.

But untless you have two STBs feading the input, you can have all channels one input and have QAM locals on the other.

I make mine work by taking coax before STB and splitting.

One leg feeds STB and other feeds TV.

So Verizon STB doesn't support PIP but you can make it work.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

On my quantum boxes at least, the PIP button actually switches audio.

0 Likes
GRW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a multi tv dvr set up. If I get a box just for the pip, and set it up next to the current dvr, and input that into a tv pip input, would it work, giving me full PIP?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes and no.

Yes you can do that to get two full inputs.

No because the remote is the same for both boxes.

Hard to shield one from another so that trying to change the channel on one will invariably change both.

inovaman
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's now 10 YEARS LATER, and we STILL don't have PIP.

Seriouusly Verizon?

Just get it done for the love of Pete.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.