Picture in Picture
Bodeen62
Has this happened to anyone?  My PIP (Picture in Picture) was working fine until the switch over to digital, now since the switch it I only get a couple of channels in PIP and one of the channels has a message saying "if I am receivieing this message I need a digital decoder" or something to that effect. I ordered & received a box from Verizon and connected it per the instructions but still no PIP. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Picture in Picture
matcarl
Master - Level 1

I'm assuming you are using the TV's PIP and one of the inputs was the analogs. The analogs are going away. Unless your TV has a QAM tuner, you will no longer get anything on it.

The box you ordered allows you to watch TV thru that box, not your TV.

Message Edited by matcarl on 08-30-2008 08:19 AM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I thought of something else though. Did you have a box on that TV at all before and you ordered this extra adapter? If so, you can use that adapter as another input on your TV and use PIP from the main box to that adapter. If you didn't have a box and were only using PIP between two different analogs then you are out of luck unless, as I stated, you have a QAM tuner.
0 Likes
Bodeen62
I'm not sure what you are saying so I will tell you my configuration, my first configuration (pre-digital) I split my incoming cable with one going directly to my TV (PIP) and another going to the Verizon DVRSet Top Box, in this configuration I can no longer get PIP. My new configuration I have one cable going to a new Verizon Set Top Box than to the TV (PIP) and another going to the original Verizon DVR Set Top Box (Still no PIP).
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Can you change your PIP settings to toggle between the appropriate inputs. Before you had TV & HDMI (maybe), now make it HDMI & composite 1 or whatever that input is called that your adapter is hooked up to.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I think you need to use the composite out from the adapter rather than the coax, that's the problem.
Message Edited by matcarl on 08-30-2008 09:40 AM
0 Likes
Bodeen62
My adaptor is set to TV same as before. The adaptor  only has a jack for coax 
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Bodeen62 wrote:
My adaptor is set to TV same as before. The adaptor  only has a jack for coax 

The DCT700 digital adapter has a composite video (yellow RCA) and analog audio (red and white RCA jacks) in addition to the coaxial (RF ) output.  If you are using the coaxial output is your PIP tuner set for analog channel 3 or 4 (depends what your adapter is set to - I believe the default is channel 3).

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
How did you used to use your PIP? Did you toggle between the analogs and the cable box? If so you can still do that. Hook up the adapter the way I said with composite and toggle between those two inputs.
0 Likes
destefr
I understand that analog channels are going away (do you know if that is true?)  I tried to make PIP work by ordering a DCT box that allows you to see all but the HD and special order channels.  It costs less than the full cable box.  I have the main box go to one input, the DCT to a second.  Works great...except, the remote runs both boxes exactly the same - when I change the channel, both boxes go to the same channel. Not very useful. Is there any way to control the boxes separately? A better way to set up a PIP with added equipment?
0 Likes