Picture off and on
ds63

I've only had Fios for less than a week and have a recurring problem with the picture going off and on. Usually the screen just goes black and I lose audio. When it comes back, the picture has a purplish tint for a second and then everything is ok until the next blackout. Other times I'll get the snow first. Today it seems especially bad, does it every few minutes. I have the 7216 DVR and since I'm new I should have the latest version of software. Sorry if there's already a thread for this. I have to think it's Fios related, never did it with my cable system.

0 Likes
Re: Picture off and on
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Almost sounds like a cable might be loose or in poor condition.  Usually you get the 'currently unavailable' message if it is something dealing with the signal to the stb.  Have you double checked and made sure all the connections are secure between your box and tv?  Usually people prefer, when checking, is to reseat them -- aka take the cable off then put it back in securely.

Could also be a problem with the box and/or setting, but I would definitely look at the cabling first.

0 Likes