Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Picture switches to Black and White every few days and can be reset to color by resetting STB

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Picture switches to Black and White every few days and can be reset to color by resetting STB

Message 1 of 3
(4,723 Views)

Sometimes when turning on my TV/STB my picture for all channels is BLACK and WHITE. The only way to get color back is to pull the STB power plug and reset the STB.  This is happening more often.. was once a month ... now almost daily.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Picture switches to Black and White every few days and can be reset to color by resetting STB

Message 2 of 3
(4,674 Views)

Sorry for your incovenience.   What model stb do you have?  What type of cable is connected from stb to the TV i.e., HDMi, Component, RCA, Coax? 

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Picture switches to Black and White every few days and can be reset to color by resetting STB

Message 3 of 3
(4,659 Views)

s-video cable from SDTV to Mototrola 6416-2 STB. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.