Picture too big for screen on sd channels only
Rcara85
I have been searching for this topic but nothing showed up with my issue. I recently became a new Verizon customer. Had dish previously, dish has a feature on remote that changed format for image (wide, zoom, normal) currently hd channels image is the right size, but my sd channels are zoomed it (picture cutting off) I have tried all resolutions, ratios, sd override (off, 480i, 480p, stretch) and nothing fixes my problem. I have also used "*" on fios remote but it changes the features to (wide 1, 2, stretch and normal) of the already cut off/zoomed picture. Could it be that since image on dish may have been zoomed in through remote feature and changing receivers before fixing zoom in picture before may be affecting it? I have also tried settings on actual tv and same thing happens, it changes formats of already zoomed in picture. I still have dish equipment, since I have only been with Verizon for a week. Can I plug old box (service is already cancelled on dish) and try to use that remote feature that used to fix it before? Would it work? Sorry it's just annoying I can't see my game scores on sd channels.
0 Likes
Re: Picture too big for screen on sd channels only
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The video format should be set to 1080i 0r 1080p 16:9 depending on your cable box. SD override should be set to stretch. TV type is 16:9. You also need to set your TV to 16:9.

0 Likes
Re: Picture too big for screen on sd channels only
Rcara85
Yes, all of it is in right settings you have mentioned above. Still sd channels are too stretched for the TV.
0 Likes