Pink Screen when using HDMI cable
mully44nj

I have a 42" LG Plasma and yesterday I began having an issue with a pink screen whenever I watch TV.  I have swapped HDMI cables and I don't have the problem when using component cables.  I just got a new box and same problem.  I have seen other people suggest just using the component, but that is ridiculous that I can't use the HDMI cable that worked fine 2 days ago.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Pink Screen when using HDMI cable
joeyhol75
Enthusiast - Level 2

@mully44nj wrote:

I have a 42" LG Plasma and yesterday I began having an issue with a pink screen whenever I watch TV.  I have swapped HDMI cables and I don't have the problem when using component cables.  I just got a new box and same problem.  I have seen other people suggest just using the component, but that is ridiculous that I can't use the HDMI cable that worked fine 2 days ago.  Any ideas?

What type of set top box do you have? The earlier HD boxes(6416,6200) have some issues with certain TV's. I'm told its a firmware compatibility issue between the Motorola stb and the TV when the hdmi cable is used. Check to see if you TV has the latest firmware.( whether you have a LAN port or just a USB that says repair.) If its a USB repair port, then usually the TV manufacturer can send you a thumb drive or email if you have a thumb drive of your own, with the latest firmware. You could ask Verizon to swap your HD box out at one of the Verizon fios stores with a newer model. They have black hd boxes now that I believe are a 7100 series.

0 Likes