Pixaling problem
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon oughta pay me ..Legitimately for billable hours for providing my own technical services for well over 4+ years: diagnosing, setting up and troubleshooting their installation. I can't conceivably remember a time when when a company got away with having a customer provide their own expertise, time and resources to troubleshoot a service that they are paying $$$ for!!! This is absurd!!!

I've believe I've logged more time troubleshooting this installation that sitting back and actually enjoying this FIOS experience. I've spent countless hours on the phone with customer service, Tele-tech support and extensive visitation by the technician on my service that Verizon ever performed in a satisfactory manner. I am on my 8th STB box including re-installation & troubleshooting because the **bleep** things never worked out of the box as promised. I've done umpteen reboots of this mess: router, STBs and ONT and only to have to explain and then re-explain to those script readers at customer service at this stage of the Verizon support shell game that I've done all that and could I now need to speak with someone who can actually help me. Only to be place on some waiting list for yet another inept tele-tech followed by yet another technician visit so they can screw it all up or find nothing wrong at least on my end. Then repeat the process in a short period of time because something else on this network that I'm paying for isn't operating properly. I seem to get on problem solved and another part of the service breaks down. I feel like a network engineer and I hadn't planned on becoming one. Lets look at this took 2 years to finally replace the router after numberous complaints of pixaling and poor sound quality plus 3 STB DVR installs finally I got dome of the features I was promise during the original installation. I finally got the web access to DVR biet intermittent at best, but it finally worked. It stopped shortly thereafter but since I primarily watch the TV, I didn't miss that feature that much.

Now comes the technical nightmare and the point to my post  ...5 STBs & about 100' of cabling  later and still no permanent or reasonable solution to the pixaling problem and as it seems ..And no end in sight. What now??? a Router??? STB??? Cabling??? ....wait a minute this isn't my job!!!!!! I say all this now because I just had my most recent STB installed 2 weeks ago and it's exhibiting the exact same problem as the replace STB. With the addition to web access failure to display DVR information (i.e.. Bad gateway or cannot retrieve information from bla-bla-bla box) in addition to web mail access issue I'm in a quandary.

I tried all the avenues they avail me at Verizon and now I'm here ...not finding remotely similar problem or situation and the updated webmail is of no help because it s*cks and bogged down my computer with 'bloat'. Actually the "New" interface is a bigger resource hog than the old one making matters worse not better. It's just another reminder of the "I'm sorry your having problems with the service", I'm gonna receive along with yet another non-solution or thumb-in-the-dike.

I'm really tired of this and I wanna get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!