Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Pixelated Chanel 576

CHCapsFan
Contributor
Contributor

Pixelated Chanel 576

Message 1 of 6
(402 Views)

Whenever I try to watch (HD chanel 576) Washington Capitals games my tv glitches - often goes to black screen, or on delay, or is pixelated.  I just got a new router from Verizon - but it isn't helping.  The three game losing streak is painful enough....but watching in low def is even more insulting.  I want me HD to work.  I have tried the unscrew cables and try again...this is not a new problem....but I am kind of over it now.

5 REPLIES 5
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Pixelated Chanel 576

Message 2 of 6
(382 Views)

@CHCapsFan wrote:

Whenever I try to watch (HD chanel 576) Washington Capitals games my tv glitches - often goes to black screen, or on delay, or is pixelated.  I just got a new router from Verizon - but it isn't helping.  The three game losing streak is painful enough....but watching in low def is even more insulting.  I want me HD to work.  I have tried the unscrew cables and try again...this is not a new problem....but I am kind of over it now.

Is this the only channel that does this or are there others? If you check in: Menu>settings>System Information does it show a good signal?

CHCapsFan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(328 Views)

This is the only channel that does this.  So weird!

clem53
Gold Contributor III

Message 4 of 6
(320 Views)

@CHCapsFan wrote:

This is the only channel that does this.  So weird!

Could be a bad broadcast, have you checked the SNR in System info on the box? I had a similar issue, turned out to be a bad box, but it usually affects more than one channel (quam).

CHCapsFan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(260 Views)

It is only impacting this channel.  My son couldn't watch the Wizards game the other night.  It is so frustrating.

clem53
Gold Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(244 Views)

@CHCapsFan wrote:

It is only impacting this channel.  My son couldn't watch the Wizards game the other night.  It is so frustrating.

Did you check the SNR on the channel when it is affected? If you still have the problem, it could be a splitter or bad wire too. Check all coax connections and replace the splitter making sure the new one is MoCa 2.0 certified. Also have you tried unplugging the poser to the box for at least 3 minutes then plugging it back in?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.