Switch Account

Pixelating channels

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(184 Views)

For a couple months I've been experiencing pixelating on four New York HD channels, each of which is a duplicate of a Philly channel. It happens on all three set top boxes.

Other channels are fine, including the same Philly ones (NBC, Fox, and so on). So this is not much of a problem (unless one likes New York local news), but it makes me wonder if FIOS is throttling NY channels when Philly ones also are available. 

I went through a tedious chat experience with a tech who reset all the boxes and nothing changed. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(159 Views)

Verizon doesn’t throttle any channels. If you are experiencing pixelation then you have a bad RF signal. This can be due to a number of reasons from the ONT, cabling, splitters, or the box itself. 
Since all three TVs are doing it it most likely is the ONT. You should schedule a tech visit to take a look. Rebooting the boxes and/ONT will not do anything if you have a bad RF signal. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.