Pixelation on DVRS
Bubbles1057

Hi,

For the past month, I have been getting some pixelation when I watch dvr recordings.

It doesn't happen, all the time, but quite annoying.   I have had about 5 techs come to my house, but they say wiring fine, they replaced both of my dvrs, new ont installed and they can't seem to figure it out.  I'm very annoyed.

It seems to happen on Hallmark Channel, mostly.   Has anyone experienced problems with this channel?  It is my favorite channel and I dont know what else to do to fix this problem.

Thank you!!!

Beth

0 Likes
Re: Pixelation on DVRS
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it only happen when you watch recorded shows, or even live tv?

0 Likes
Bubbles1057

It mostly happens on DVRS recordings, but I have seen it a few times on live tv.

Today was a good day.   No pixelations.   I can't figure this out..   I have new ONT,two new Arris boxes and tech said wiring in my house is fine and passed test.   Help!!!!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it do it on all channels,  or just the one? Could be a bad feed from the provider if it's the one channel. I've seen dropouts and freezes on some channels every once in a while, just bad feeds. When you see the problem again go to menu, system information, hit info. Look at the SNR for the channel. If it says anything other than good, you have a Fios issue.

0 Likes
Bubbles1057

@clem53 wrote:

Does it do it on all channels,  or just the one? Could be a bad feed from the provider if it's the one channel. I've seen dropouts and freezes on some channels every once in a while, just bad feeds. When you see the problem again go to menu, system information, hit info. Look at the SNR for the channel. If it says anything other than good, you have a Fios issue.

This doesn’t help me.

It does it on recordings, some of mtpy recordings are from last week, so won’t system info, be for present and not past??

thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, that would apply to current SNR. The idea was that if it happened again live, you could check the SNR to see if it was the incoming signal, or a provider transmission issue. At least eliminate the local possibilities.

0 Likes