Pixelation on HBO Family
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have been seeing intermittent Kosciusko on HBO Family. Started on Wednesday morning.
0 Likes
Re: Pixelation on HBO Family
Techdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it happens on all context on this channel then it could be a bad signal of that channel. Try resetting the coax cable and rebooting the STB. If it happens on HBO Family on all your STB then call verizon Support. But try that coax reset first, it's a quick and easy fix.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
How exactly do I do the coax reset?
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disconnect and reconnect the coax.

Is it all boxes or just one?

If all, start at ONT and work up to the first splitter.

If it is just one box, start at that box and work back to the first splitter.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done that already. And I had this problem back when I first got FiOS back in the fall, just with a different station. Now there's another station it's happening with. I think I've learned that intermittent pixelation really can't be fixed. The techs don't even like working on it, mainly because it's kind of hard to track down if it's not happening all the time. And even if it does happen when they see it it's too complicated to go through everything. I don't think FiOS works like regular cable, but I'm not sure. But of course cable had these problems too. Is ANY system perfect?

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just want to give an update it's happening on all the HBO channels not just HBO family
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 TV? If does it happen on all of them?

Both HD and SD?

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it happens on all TVs. I didn't try the SD but that doesn't matter because HD is all I care about.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just had the tech out and he found nothing wrong. He replaced the ONT but I don't think it fixed the problem. It doesn't always break up that much but it's enough to bother me. I am picky and I pay a lot of money for my services, especially HBO. What I mainly wanted to ask was if anyone else has had problems with HBO. It started happening last Wednesday and didn't happen at all before that. We did have a major snowstorm so I wonder if that had something to do with it. I just don't know what else to do if this doesn't fix the problem.
0 Likes