Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Pixelation troubleshooting

Contributor
Contributor

Pixelation troubleshooting

Message 1 of 1
(5,875 Views)
I had trouble with pixelation from installation date (6/26/08). Installation tech asked if I had this problem before--I said no. After he made some adjustment the problem disappeared (until after his departure). Didn't use this set until Olympics & pixelations, sound problems & intermittent blackouts occurred. My first reaction was THIS CAN"T BE FIOS so I'd better buy a new TV. Then sanity returned & I got my 12" TV with the fios digital adapter box & started troble shooting.
Step 1. replaced pixelating TV with 12" TV --problem persisted. ;i.e. nothing wrong with my TV
Step 2. Plugged TV directly into cable terminal --no problem ;i.e. trouble not in cable input but in downstream components.
Step 3. Substituted fios digital adapter for STB box--VOILA !! problem disappeared
Step 4. Called fios tech support. Told them my trouble shooting steps. They said they'll send a repleacement STB box & transferred me to a business/billing office to complete steps for getting new box only to be told that the original installation order is not listed as complete & they couldn't send a replacement STB until the original order is listed as complete. Told me to call back Thursday & hopefully I can then request a new box.

Oh for the good old days of regulation & C&P telephone Co. customer service.

Curmudgeon
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.