Pixelation.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Pixelation.

Message 1 of 5
(648 Views)

Is there a way to know if the random attacks of Pixelation on lower channels like H2 (127) are coming from outside the house or from bad connections in the house?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pixelation.

Message 2 of 5
(627 Views)

Sorry, can't answer your question.  However, I have the same problem and its on just about every station and it happens ALL the time.  I just switched to Fios and am regretting it.  VZ Tech already been to house and indicated everything checked out ok.  

Well, problem persists and know VZ coming back....  

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(614 Views)

With the same cables and connections I am getting more Pixelation with "Fiber Optics" FiOS than with previous "Cable" Cablevision.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(592 Views)

Moast common reason for pixelation is loose connection.

If it is happening on all TVs, then try connection at the ONT. Depending on where you are cold weather could have affect connection. Check all connections from there to first splitter for TVs.

If it is only a single TV, check its connections from STB back to splitter.

Could possibly be a splitter issue as well.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(565 Views)

@ike71 wrote:

With the same cables and connections I am getting more Pixelation with "Fiber Optics" FiOS than with previous "Cable" Cablevision.

There should be a junction box outside your house that the ONT connects to.  If switching providers made the pixelation worse, I would suspect the installer didn't tighten the connections in it.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.