Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Pixellation on 2 channels

jamieva
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Pixellation on 2 channels

Message 1 of 22
(7,243 Views)
I've never had a pixellation issue in the 15 months I've had Fios, but tonight I'm getting it regularly on TNT HD and NFL Network HD.  Anyone else?
21 REPLIES 21
chalewa4bambu
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Pixellation on 2 channels

Message 2 of 22
(7,234 Views)
pixelation during the football game has been awful. im really starting to get fed up with all the problems i am having. 
jdj
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 22
(7,228 Views)
I've had pixellation on several channels for a few weeks now.  I also have a red light on in my Verizon box in the basement saying that my Video Power is too low.  I'm now on Call #5 to Verizon tech support on the issue. No one seems to have an answer.
KenAF
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 22
(7,217 Views)

@jamieva wrote:
I've never had a pixellation issue in the 15 months I've had Fios, but tonight I'm getting it regularly on TNT HD and NFL Network HD.  Anyone else?

Have you noticed any FiOS TV ads on those channels?

I don't regularly watch those channels so I haven't compared.  I do know that FiOS is now reprocessing the ESPN channels for the purposes of commercial ad insertion, something they were not doing before.  Except for those channels that allow ad insertion (ESPN is the big one), I don't seen any reason for Verizon to reprocess their channels given the bandwidth they have.

I just scheduled some recordings for TNT-HD and NFL Network HD so I will compare their current bitrates to what they were before.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
sdredwingsfan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 22
(7,173 Views)
i noticed the same thing on last nite's broadcast on nfl network.  it was very frequent & noticeable to say the least.
Bkrickles
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 22
(7,165 Views)
I noticed same thing and was pretty annoyed.  I was flipping between basketball and football until I couldn't take it anymore and switched to some dvr recordings.
Tireman
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 22
(7,150 Views)
I had the same problem last night on TNT hd
footballnut
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 22
(7,140 Views)
Same thing happened to me last night watching football on the football network. Very frustrating.
jacks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 22
(7,071 Views)

Besides pixelation on the Thursday night football game, I also got momentary loss of audio.  For some reason it seems that my audio dropouts only occur on sporting events.

When I called Verizon tech service, they told me that they had received no complaints about the game, so they concluded that the problem must be localized to my setup.  I guess tech service doesn't read this forum!  . 

TheSanchez
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 10 of 22
(7,054 Views)
Trust me, tech service does read this forum.  It is actually why I am here.  We have slingboxes setup for all areas so we can monitor the network feed if we have to coming down to you guys from the video offices you guys are served out of.  What i need from you guys is the city/state you live in so i can make sure we are looking at the right feed.  If you are not comfortable posting it here you can PM it to me and i will make sure to look into it during tomorrow's games.  I am football fan too that demands perfection so i understand where you guys are coming from.  Just get me the info and ill get a response up asap. 

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title