Re: Pixellation on 2 channels
Justin46
Legend

TheSanchez,

That is a great offer, thanks.

Here is a link to a thread on dslreports.com that I posted in another thread Thursday night: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21388668-HD-Thr-Nite-Football-on-NFLNET-HD-Pixelating. The pixellation on NFLNetwork was apparently country-wide. I saw it, although apparently not as bad as some did (or maybe I am just too tolerant).

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX 

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Oh wow i just saw your sig.  Your in the city that got the very first fios tv roll out.  I will be calling over to check the feed for the game for your area tomorrow to see what we can find out.  I also have a video lab setup here in the FSC I work in with 8 STB 2x2500, 3x6xxx and 3x7xxx, all hooked up to nice big LCDs.  So i will monitor the games there as well.  I seem to have lost the adapter for my dct700 though.

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 11-08-2008 11:04 AM
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Yep, installed Sept. 28, 2005. Would have been earlier, was offered an earlier date, but had to delay until then, my wife and I were out of the country on a cruise in Vietnam from Saigon to Hanoi. FiOS TV was installed two days after we got back. And no regrets, we are very happy FiOS customers.

You know, its funny, you visit internet forums and you see nothing but complaints, be it FiOS, some cable company, or satellite, doesn't matter. I have one QIP6416 DVR and two QIP2500 SD boxes, and except for one of the SD boxes refusing to power on about 6 months ago, no hardware problems, period, still on the original ONT. Yes, a few bugs with the DVR, but not many, pretty much none of the things other people complain about constantly. I can't help but wonder why? I got the early stuff, if anything it should be worse than what is being installed these days, it seems to me. Guess I am just lucky, huh????

Glad to see you here.

Edit: Just saw your edit. I don't think NFLNetwork has a game tomorrow, and that is where the problem was Thursday night, at least that is all I saw. 

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 11-08-2008 01:15 PM
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

What's weird is that the percentage of people who have trouble compared to the percentage of people who dont have any problems at all(or those who just dont care) is actually pretty small.  But these forums and the FSC are for troubles and support/information so that's all people see with the occasional compliment Robot wink

***EDIT***  There have been numerous problems happening on the NFL network but that is not the only channel people are reporting so i will still monitor and check tomorrow if i see anything here in my lab to indicate a broadcast/feed issue. 

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 11-08-2008 11:22 AM
0 Likes
jacks

I live in East Hanover, NJ.  Area code 07936-1412

jacks

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

To anyone looking at this thread,

It is rather hard for me to monitor every single area for every single game on TV(quite impossible actually).  While i will be monitoring here i would greatly appreciate it if anyone here can post if they see pixelation during any of the games and the city/state you live in. 

TS

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

I have the packers and vikings game on and the Bills and Patriots game on right now.  No problems on the feed for those games.  Not seeing any pixelation coming through the feed from any area reported in this thread as well on any game. 

TS

0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3

im in the pittsburgh area, and am watching the balt/houston game and haven't noticed any troubles, nor i have ever noticed any pixelation issues on sundays. the only time i have seen the issue is on thursdays nfl network game.  

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, i am starting to think it is a trouble coming from the broadcast feed.  I did some digging around and found trouble reports from east coast to west coast about last thursdays game.  I am off on thursday but will see if i can get someone to look at the game.

TS

0 Likes
CrustyViewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same image problems. Being new to FIOS and not quite sure of what is causing the pixellation I've been on the phone with Verizon technicians many times trying to find answers. I've also traded-out a number of STB-DVR boxes thinking that would help with no effect. My answer? I'm no technician but I believe the source of the image 'feed' of certain channels is sometimes weak or distorted and is lacking information. Is that Verizon's fault? I doubt it. Do they know about it? I'm sure they do. Can they fix it? Time will tell. Thoughts?  

0 Likes