Please....stop with the menu colors
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, this morning, the new menu went live, and the color scheme is terrible. Some of the new features are nice, like getting more information on the cast of a movie would be nice (if it wasn't freezing up). But why does Verizon feel the need to completely change everything? Can't you add features, and just leave everything else the same?

Dark gray with dark red, blue and what I can best describe as sea green. Ugly ugly ugly.

Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
lem1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!! the new menu is harder to read than the older one. appears they made the print smaller and the type harder to read. Dumb Dumb

New Channel Guide is Awful
chucklesclown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else have issues with the new channel guide and th eterrible color scheme that is way too hard too read? Colors are too much and  make the contrast between various channels impossible to read and scan with any sort of ease 

chucklesclown
Enthusiast - Level 2

I concur. The colors are terrible, they make it way to hard to read and actually are hard on the eyes. Don't try and copy Windows 8 and go for a new difficult look whan all was just fine

hattrik21
Enthusiast - Level 2
Another vote for a terrible color scheme. What was wrong with the bright colors? Why must every menu pop out to the side instead of the easy to find pop up in the middle of the screen?
Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
nkpltrr
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I agree that the new guide is much harder to read and the dvr recorded shows are even worse. I wish Verizon would let us choose what we like in the settings. This is another hard kick in the chest from the Verizon programmers. I wonder where they get their ideas. They always send out the emails saying it is based on feedback from customers but they never ask me???Smiley Mad

hattrik21
Enthusiast - Level 2
Colors are terrible and the dvr recordings menu is as confusing as can be. 😕
DebbieR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not AGREE MORE!!!!  The most HORRIBLE User Interface I have ever seen!  I cannot even tell which channel is selected, colors are horrible, readability is horrible, business is horrible.  EPIC FAIL VERIZON.  I want my old one back!  And while you're at it, how about removing channels that I'm not subscribed to or at least color them so I know when channel surfing it doesn't apply instead of sending me into "do you want to buy" hell.

tcarolan4
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son and I totally agree with everyone's negative comments on the new channel guide and DVR menus. I had to walk away from the TV because the new color scheme/fonts/setup hurt my eyes so much. I felt like I was in a tunnel trying to see ahead of me and it was straining my eyes terribly.

Once again they have decreased the font size and tried to squeeze more information on a single page which is totally unnecessary. Many of us prefer to see all the detail information on a show in larger (read that as READBLE) type on half of the viewing screen instead of an abbreviated version squished in the top corner of the screen. One of the great things about Verizon's previous guide and detailed show information was that it was, indeed, detailed. If you want to included all the newer information in the detail section, at least do so in are larger area like it used to be. Most people who actually watch TV on TV nowadays are older and therefore a large font is preferable to the increasing smaller fonts.

Also, the functionality of the DVR menus is extremely cumbersome. What used to require only the 4 arrow keys and the OK button to navigate through, now requires finding additional smaller buttons all over the crowded remote control. This also now requires a second hand to get to the tiny yellow "A" button on the bottom left of the remote to save changes for a show that is set to record. It doesn't need to be so complicated Verizon people!

Please go back to the previous version of the channel guide and DVR menus so that your customers can once again enjoy the TV viewing experience. Our eyes will thank you.

candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

The navigation is a mess. When I go to the DVR to browse through the programs I have recorded, I can't tell where I'm highighting half the time. I guess I'm supposed to figure out the light gray is what I'm selecting instead of the dark gray.

And when I used to scroll through the items on my DVR, it would tell me how much space was left on the DVR. Now I have to go back to the left to see that. 

The things like the addition of the Rotten Tomato rating is nice. I really do like the little movie poster picture appearing with the information about the movie or special. But a lot of them are missing. Seeing the cast list, and being able to see the other movies the individual actors have been in is a nice addition, too. But couldn't you have accomplished this with the old color scheme?