Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
Sierrawatch

Agree with MiMeQu's points about the new guide.  The choice of classic view vs modern view is maddening - you reach it by drilling through several layers of menus and then it doesn't do anything.  Also, hitting the yellow triangle to confirm the changes in a DVR recording, means I can't use my Logitech controller, but have to pick up the Verizon remote. 

Terrible update.

0 Likes
TV Guide on computer is also messed up
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I usually schedule recordings using my computer.  This week, the guide there changed dramatically.  The boxes for program names are all black, with no bar to show where one program ends and another begins.  The boxes do not show if the program is new or not any more.  Nor do they show which programs are already set to record.   

I would really like the option to go back to the way it used to be.

I see people talking about change in the TV Guide on the TV -- mine has not changed there, at least not YET.

bwh1
Contributor - Level 1
I could live with ugly, but this is unreadable, particularly on older tv's (and older eyes). The show icons imbedded in the guide make it even worse.

The DVR menu is now so busy that I have to squint to see anything, and I have to keep scrolling up and down because the tiny portion of the screen isn't large enough to display the scheduled recordings all together.

Verizon, if you read these posts, please go back to the previous menu and DVR guides or allow us an option to choose.
Kelly518
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with all the other posts.  I also don't understand when I pull a program to watch on the DVR, I get all these listings at the bottom "More Like This".  I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS STUFF.  I have all notifications turned off but this feature is showing whether I want it or not.  Again, give m the option to turn this off.

MikeK
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is much too busy.  There should be an option to allow us to view it the old way if we want.

Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
GeneFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The new guide is hard to read, color schemes are terrible.  The only one who, apparently, benefits is Verizon.  I am going to give Comcast another try.

GeneFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

The worst menu yet! 

Give Comcast a try.

RevSlack
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree with the others who aren't fond of the new color scheme.  Some of the new information is nice to have but the extremely dark nature of the guide is problematic.

For one thing, there are many places where the selected item is a very dark gray box on a back blackground, which is quite hard to see.  At a minimum, lightening the gray would be recommended.  I really had to look hard to figure out exactly what was being "highlighted" (if it can rightfully be called that) in certain screens.  In other places, the faint red underscore of the selected item just doesn't have enough "pop" to stand out easily.  I've also found that if there is a lot of text on the channel behind the guide, the bleed-through of the underlying text into the guide makes the guide info very hard to read.  There should be more opacity to the overlay.

All in all, I envisioned a bunch of really young people deciding that these were all good changes and never gave much (or any) consideration to the many older viewers, viewers who are not served well at all by increasingly small text and increasingly dark menus.  My vision is fine and I still think the new color scheme should have gone through much more review before releasing it on the customer base at large.

I know you won't revert back to the old look and feel (which was fine by me) but I think you should give some serious consideration to lessening some of the harshness of the current look.  Improve the contrast of the selected/highlighted items.  Increase opacity on the guide's background.  Don't be so enamoured of black everywhere all the time.  Really, the best option seems like it would be to predefine several color schemes and let the users select what works best for them.  Something fully customizable might be asking for too much, but some canned schemes would be a welcome feature.

When readying a new release like this, please get employees of ALL ages to give their input as to what works and what doesn't.  Not everyone's eyes and brains work the same and coming out with something not entirely geared towards younger people would serve us all better.

Nubee
Enthusiast - Level 2
The new guide is terrible. Ugly depressing colors, too busy display/layout and difficult to read. Tried to lodge a complaint and got cut off twice. Must now look into using a different service. Verizon is the pits!
UnderCoverGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

AGREED!!!

We need a way to back out of this upgrade.  Did Verizon ever think of people who have vision issues?  I guess Verizon doesn't care about those with disabilities?

HORRIBLE CHOICE VERIZON!!!