UPDATE 11/05.2014 to Media guide colors!
WRKPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please put back the old colors, or give the users the ability to back this one off! The guide colors are VERY dark and are hard on the eyes.

New GUI for menus terrible - Need to offer old style for users
Lvictor101
Enthusiast - Level 1
The new GUI that Verizon changed to is absolutely terrible. The dark background actually makes it harder to see listings. The time line for a show is dark gray against a black background so it's really hard to see where it is and the little tiny red dot doesn't always show up! The picture to the right of most listings is not needed unless it was an active, live window to the show (great idea if possible). Please, please offer a way for users to use the older, better GUI. Don't fix what's not broken!
Re: New GUI for menus terrible - Need to offer old style for users
smoke189
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon. If I had someone working for me that created a mess like the new GUI backgrounds I would terminate them. It really stinks! Do us all a favor and get rid of it.

0 Likes
Re: New GUI for menus terrible - Need to offer old style for users
aelevesque
We couldn't agree more with everyone!! If Verizon wants to do updates that's great but we pay more than enough for our service and should be able to choose the colors/settings for our TV!
0 Likes
Re: New guide color change...
misande1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping to be excited by the "upgraded" guide to get used to the new look and feel. Instead I can barely read the text, the black and the white is very harsh on the eyes and it appears blurry on my typically very crisp TV. Not sure who thought it was a great color scheme ... any chance you can make color pallete  choices? My preference was the blue because it's crisper, easier to read and doesn't cause eye strain.  Pretty sure I won't be renewing in July if this remains. 

0 Likes
New Interface on TV - Bad for color blind people
goodmom4

I am requesting that the new color scheme for FIOS TV, the red and black, be changed.  We have 3 people in our house that are red/green color blind and the new guide/interface is very challenging for them to use.  In the future, when selecting a color scheme for such things it would be good to use a filter to see what color choices are actually visible for folks with color challenges.  Considering 12% or more of the population has issues with color, it would be good business to take this into consideration. 

Thanks for listening.

0 Likes
Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
archerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree - it is terrible.  Cannot figure out where you are, fewer shows and times visible, everything is worse.  Why can't they just leave it alone.  it was fine.

0 Likes
MarylandTV

I can't read the new guide with the black background.  What action can we take as customers so Verizon will go back to the previous colors?  I called them and they told me how to change it but don't they set them?  I couldn't change them.

0 Likes
Floyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more voice wishing to revert to the previous style and operaion of all the menus.  It's not kjust that I don;t like change (I don't) but I have tried getting used to the new menus and color over the past segveral days.  I just keep finding more thsat I dislike about it.

For example, scrolling down a short list of episodes inthe DVR recordings. Why does it scroll the firs entry off the top as soon as I scroll own by one when there is plenty of room to show all of the entries ????

0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
FJGFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Colors on new channel guide are terrible.  Underlining of selected channel in red is difficult to detect and usually takes a second look to see where redline actually is.  I don't wear glasses now but will probably have to get them after these  Verizon colors give me eyestrain. If this channel guide was reviewed outside of Fios' management I believe it would have been rejected hands down.  Looks like its time to go back to Comcast.

0 Likes