Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
MeganM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can change fonts and font sizes on this message but I can't adjust my screen so that I can see it from across the room? Why change from black on light to light on black? No one's told you that it's way harder to read?

Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
jtb31

I must concur that the new channel guide is horrible. The left side of the channel guide now looks like graffiti. Useless and now audio that can only be shut off if you mute it via the remote. It's(the left side of screen) just makes everything more confusing. And the DVR needs a programmer to navigate. Last, lose the color scheme.

Thanks

Jack

0 Likes
03bluecoupe
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's even worse than just the guide (which is horrible).

They also changed the DVR software.  If you're watching something on the DVR and hit STOP, go to a live show or another on the DVR, and then go back to the original one, it starts OVER. No RESUME?!?  **bleep** Verizon?!?   Come on end of contract!

0 Likes
bdpdelt

I dont know who thought it was a good idea to change the Verizon Screen  to 1997, but they should be fired. The color scheme is awful, its hard to read, and constantly freezes up.  Why does it look like the Verizon guide went back in time? I agree that some of the new features are nice (additional movie information). However, the terrible tv guide color scheme and subsequent issues substanitally outweighs the minor benefits. VERIZON CHANGE IT BACK! This is terrible. 

0 Likes
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is this topic open for such a long time.  Surely the "new" guide in the original post cannot be the same guide as referred to in comments of this month.  The one the old comments complain about is probably the beloved old guide to the later comments.  The new guide of this month November 2014 will take some getting used to, but I LOVE that it includes the season and episode number.  I'm hoping this will help with my DVRing dupes as well as just knowing at a glance if it's something I already saw.  This is especially welcome for PBS programs which have previously had the worst descriptions -- no clue if it's a multiparter, what part this is, etc.  

Also, after regularly watching TV through Verizon in Mass. and Metrocast in NH, the Verizon Program Guide is leaps and bounds ahead of Metrocast, so count your blessings that you don't have to go to Guide THEN Favorites, and Favorites doesn't go back to Channel 1 every time.  I could go on and on.

It's going to take some time to get used to the new color scheme so I can tell movies from news from kids, etc, but I actually find the white lettering easy to read.  The font is plain and the type is bold.  

0 Likes
kunzelp

The new guide is horrible. I hope Verizon is paying attention to this.

CHANGE IT BACK!

0 Likes
DJT3

I totally agree.  MIn adition and importantly, the list of recordings on my DVR no longer includes the date.  If I have several recordings of the same series, they are indistinguishable.  Whover is responsible for the clunky, poorly organised and vefry annoying system should start from scratch or revert to the old program.

One more question, why does the reponse time for the channel guide average 6 seconds?  Much too long.

0 Likes
DJT3

I would if it were an option in 01532...

0 Likes
Re: New Menu Guide
lovehometheater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if FIOS tech's read this bulletin and actually listen to their customers inputs?  I certainly hope so!

0 Likes
The new guide is awful
1usre

The new guide looks like colors left out of my daughters coloring box. The old guide was classic and had a pleasant user look. The new guide is terrible, please go back to the old one.

0 Likes