Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
Rynostar
Enthusiast - Level 2
Come on fios this guide is useless fix it or revert back to the old one or I'm canceling fios
Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
SmartyPantsSuz

One of the things I don't like about the new guide is that there is not enough contrast when moving between menus. It's hard to see what's selected.  Medium gray on dark gray just doesn't do it.

Also, I used to be able to go through and delete recorded programs all with one hand using the arrow keys and the OK button.  Now I have to use the C key which forces the unnecessary and inefficient use of two hands to perform the same action.

Please improve the contrast on the menus and return the efficient way of deleting recordings. 

0 Likes
New Channel Guide Is Awful
mrb1668

Poor design. More clicks to get something done.  Cannot easily see where one is on the guide. Harder to read.

SLOWER OVERALL...........bottom line - A MESS - Fix or bring back old guide.

0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide Is Awful
tonytedesco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Comcast because I wasn't happy with their service, but I can say they did have a logically laid out guide and menu system. I have to agree that the old IMG was not great, but MUCH better than the new one.

My biggest complaint is with the channel guide the red line showing how much time has elapsed in a particular program is not visible in all programming,

0 Likes
tonytedesco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This will go down in history right along side "New Coke"

0 Likes
ReginaS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree with everyone the new guide is terrible and very hard to read.  

0 Likes
hotdiggetydog

you are too kind in your criticism. This new design is an abomination. Clearly Verizon never thought to consult a user interface designer or a graphic artist who understands legibility. Why do they think white type on multi-colored backgtrounds is going to be legible? Why do we need colors to identify the program content? Most people know that ESPN is sports and CNN is news. We are not chimps!

0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide is Awful
Ginnyd1

Not just the new channel guide, I cannot read the 'info', printing is much smaller than it used to be and I'm straining my eyes to see what it says. There is nothing wrong with my vision.. I have to get up off my couch to read about what I'm watching or to see what the show is about..  Did not have to get up with the old format. I don't like the new format at all, too much extra stuff on the screen, unneccessary.  Whose bright idea was it to make these changes?

0 Likes
rb62470

It wasn't broken, but they decided to "fix" it anyway. What a HUGE FAIL!!! I wonder how much they paid the genius who came up with it. And I wonder how many clowns in suits signed off on it. It shows that Fios not only doesn't understand their customers, they also have very little common sense.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like my Blue back. I can't read the programming guide anymore, and it wasn't that my glasses needed to be cleaned or changed over, IT WAS THE HARD ON THE EYES COLORS! I can not understand the new menu.... NOTHING AT ALL!! This is FRUSTRATING!! HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT'S ON WHEN?

0 Likes