Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I prefer the new guide over the previous one in general, but I agree with some of the issues such as the way the current channel is highlighted being the same as the bar above it making it difficult to tell which channel I'm really viewing.  I don't like that many colors on the screen in the guide and wish it could be customized, but I didn't like the guide colors before either.  I remember all the complaints when Verizon went from the brighter, deeper colors in the guide to the duller colors that were in the version we just had.  I do prefer the channel bar being black with high contrast and how the DVR listings are set up.  It's sharp looking.  I also like the season and episode numbers.  If they could just make the guide not look so cartoonish, I'd like it even more.  And it would be nice if the guide filled the entire screen instead of the search taking up the side (same setup as previous IMG version though).

Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both my wife & I find the "new" channel guide to be terrible and confusing at best. The new "search" feature is worse as it seems to automatically take you to on demand and there seems to be no "space", "delete" or "clear" functions as they were on the previous version of fios tv.  Definitely has us considering switching to a more user friendly provider.

0 Likes
Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok so I finallly noticed that the colored buttons on the remote are now the space, delete & clear but... the channel guide is still the pits. I guess Verizon has forgotten the K.I.S.S. principle in favor of "the more hoops we make our customers jump through the better".  If they don't respond to the many complaints about it on here then we'll be going to comcast shortly as our commitment is up soon... feeling like it's none too soon though.

0 Likes
I think I'm going blind!
Grandmama2
I've been reading costumer complaints about the colors and format of the newest menus and guides. I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has serious issues. I really thought I was losing my eyesight. It did not occur to me that the department that handles and approves such changes could possibly allow this newer color scheme and tiny lettering to be accepted. I don't know what they were thinking, if indeed they were thinking at all. Who are these people making these decisions? Is there anyone over 25 in the group?
I implore them to go back to the drawing board and create a "more senior friendly" larger and clearer info guide, DVR and menu screen. And do it ASAP! There is no excuse for this nonsense in such a company as Verizon.
0 Likes
Re: I think I'm going blind!
Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree with you... and all the other complaints found here. If Verizon doesn't hear & respond to all the complaints about their latest changes to the channel guide then we won't be customers for long.  I can only imagine that there are thousands of others who are suffering in silence since they are unaware (or not online) of forums such as this where we can voice our displeasure... for all the good that seems to do.  Hoping that the developer of the channel guide gets coal in his/her stocking as a Christmas bonus.  While I am tech savy, my wife is not.  But we agree that the new channell guide with it's colored highlights and bizarre layout of listings as you scroll through them is the worst.  Do we customers have to make a mass exodus from Verizon for you to realize that you made a mistake and fix it?  If the channel guide and program search can't be either reverted to the previous version or a new one that's more user friendly and less of a strain on the eyes then in a few months we will be going to another provider.  Bottom line... fix it or forget us!... but from the lack of response to all the complaints it would seem that you have either forgotten us or just don't care.  Perhaps when your fiscal bottom line starts to bottom out then you'll respond.  But as Verizon has been totally unresponsive to date I'm becoming more & more prone towards leaving as any company that waits until it's hurting them in the pocketbook to take action is not a company that I want to be associated with.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They will not respond to comments in these forums.

You would probably find just as many people preferring the new colors as hating them. 

Bugs introduced are a different question and likely some are being addressed in the next fixes.  But they will likely not give a date for them until they have already started to roll them out.

0 Likes
Viewerathome
Why indeed. It was just fine. Why change for the sake of change. The color scheme is awful & difficult to see. The information on TV shows & movie summaries are incomplete. You have to click to several different screens to see the summary & even then there isn't enough info. Before there was a good synopsis of a movie. And if you search by an actor an don't know the name of the movie you have to click on each result- several clicks to get a good but incomplete summary then go back to search screen results if it wasn't correct. Very frustrating why was this changed? What is the improvement?. Please change back or give the option to use the old screens
0 Likes
Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Obviously, you're not alone in complaining about the latest channel guide.  It's visually distracting and the design team presented an inferior work product.  Aside from hating the color coding I find it a waste and poorly executed. Since when are infomercials in the same category as real news programming?  If anything, they should be lumped with the home shopping channels that are trying to sell you something too. But it seems it's an exercise in futility complaining as obviously Verizon doesn't care.

0 Likes
Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm doubting that lol... and if you consider infomercials trying to sell you something to be color coded the same as real news programming and not put in with the home shopping channels then perhaps this should be "rethought".  Had any design team presented such a poor work product to me I would've sent them to their room... that's short of firing them.  Bugs are to be expected in almost any rollout but when the concept is poor to begin with then it should've been scrapped before hitting the customer right between the eyes... which are probably crossed trying to navigate this ungainly guide.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes