Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Point of Entry

pcalco511
Contributor
Contributor

Point of Entry

Message 1 of 2
(802 Views)

Where would I find the Point Of Entry into my home? Would it be by the Verizon box or where the cable enters my home and which one is it?  I need to install a  Point Of Entry filter for my MoCA network and have to know where to put it. Thanking anyone for help.

1 REPLY 1
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Point of Entry

Message 2 of 2
(779 Views)

@pcalco511 wrote:
Where would I find the Point Of Entry into my home? Would it be by the Verizon box or where the cable enters my home and which one is it?  I need to install a  Point Of Entry filter for my MoCA network and have to know where to put it. Thanking anyone for help.

The term "point of entry" as it applies to MoCA filters doesn't properly apply in FiOS networks.  More typically it refers to various "pass filters" or attenuators used in cable networks, particularly MoCA networks combined with Tivo devices.

Why do you suspect that you need such a device, assuming you are subscribed to FiOS TV?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.