Poor FIOS TV Serivce
BluIze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a long time Verizon customer. I switched from Cox to Verizon FIOS as soon as it was available in my neighborhood about 15 years ago and bundled my phone, internet, and TV service. Phone and internet service have been stellar. I rarely have an outage that isn't power related and the quality of the service is excellent. FIOS TV is a whole different experience all together. I have heard other people say they have reliable TV service from FIOS, but not the case in our house. From day one, we have had issues with TV service not working properly, signals being lost, cable issues, pictures pixelating, etc. My service is out again for the second time in three months and we're heading on vacation tomorrow, so when we ger home we'll be waiting for the technichan.  I've heard that cord cutting is the way to go. I have to say that is probably my next move. It will be less frustration for me to just start streaming. While my FIOS internet service is excellent, I would drop it in a heartbeat if I had an option just so I could divest myself of Verizon. I wonder if there are others out there with similar issues.

0 Likes
Re: Poor FIOS TV Serivce
jonjones1
Legend

@BluIze wrote:

I am a long time Verizon customer. I switched from Cox to Verizon FIOS as soon as it was available in my neighborhood about 15 years ago and bundled my phone, internet, and TV service. Phone and internet service have been stellar. I rarely have an outage that isn't power related and the quality of the service is excellent. FIOS TV is a whole different experience all together. I have heard other people say they have reliable TV service from FIOS, but not the case in our house. From day one, we have had issues with TV service not working properly, signals being lost, cable issues, pictures pixelating, etc. My service is out again for the second time in three months and we're heading on vacation tomorrow, so when we ger home we'll be waiting for the technichan.  I've heard that cord cutting is the way to go. I have to say that is probably my next move. It will be less frustration for me to just start streaming. While my FIOS internet service is excellent, I would drop it in a heartbeat if I had an option just so I could divest myself of Verizon. I wonder if there are others out there with similar issues.

there are many streaming services out there, just google them. The one I use at $35 a month for 150+ stations is DirectTVNOW but there is Hulu and Sling TV and even Sony and YouTube TV to choose from.

like the one I use there are no taxes, no below the line fees, surcharges or even equipment to buy. It can be watched on a computer, tablet, cell phone, Apple TV, Roku or Chromecast and if you own a smart tv like the wife and I there is an app to just install on the tv. Really simple. Good part is you save around $170 a month.

no sports fees, or being held hostage for retransmission rights. Just tv and sports and on demand, and soon DVR is coming to DirectTVNOW included.

but the decision is yours.

0 Likes