Poor Picture Quality - DVR and some local sports channels

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Poor Picture Quality - DVR and some local sports channels

Message 1 of 2
(983 Views)

Oh great FIOS forum people,

We switched to the FIOS Media Server a few months back and have been continually disappointed in the quality.  When we watch a DVR'ed show, the playback is jerky (at times) and just not high quality - worse than it was with the other technology.  We also are experiencing the same picture issues with our local sports channels (MASN in the Wash DC area).  I know in the past when they had signal issues on some of the local channels that they could do something to correct it.  It happens on all my boxes.  It is NOT on all the channels.  I have talked to tech support (via chat) and just get no answers.  This new IP media server is supposed to be the way of the future for FIOS - not happy with the future.  Can anyone help or maybe I can get a technically savvy FIOS tech support person to help me fix this? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Poor Picture Quality - DVR and some local sports channels

Message 2 of 2
(967 Views)

Is it only if you watch those channels when recorded?

Or does it happen at all times?

If at all times, have you checked cable connections?

Start at ONT and verify all cable connections are tight up to the VMS.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.