Re: Poor Picture Quality on Quantum TV
Juelliton

I have the same problem for a long time now. I have called Fios and they had sent me another TV Box, but the image still the same, some suff the I watch on HD channel have SD image quality and I am watchin on a OLED LG 65 inch TV.  

Now I am seriously thinking on switching my TV provider, in fact I am already reseaching to see what there is out there, it is just not acceptable the quality of the image.

0 Likes
jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sort of threw in the towel and am just going to live with it i guess. I had Verzion out here 3 times. Changed the ONT, gave me two new VMS boxes and also changed all the splitters in my house and changed the coaxial going from main splitter to my VMS. Still have the same picture quality issue with the black smearing and shadow effects. I believe the only solution is going back to Legacy DVR boxes but i am not willing to lose the feature of the quantum so im stuck.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 3 Samsung TVs of varying age and don't have an issue with any one of them.

Try this

Hit d button. Select my connected devices Hit ok. Chose one of the stbs. Hit ok. select advanced Use the down arrow. Go to page 2. See what moca speeds you have. Should be 600+.

jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah its random i think. Because i also have 3 Samsung TV's of varying ages and I have issues on all of them.

Verizon already checked my MoCa speeds and they are all where they should be.

0 Likes
rajaks

Ok dont waste your time,if you want better quality,i have added a second client box so i have both boxes connected to same tv lg oled 65.watcing with client box is better than the main box. Dont ask me why.i dont use main box. Since verizon could not solve issue. They are crediting the cost for extra box. Its worth a try

0 Likes
jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah that didn’t work for me. I have the same issue on my client box and I even ha don’t client box replaced as well with the same issue. The only solution for me would be to go back to the legacy boxes but I’m not willing to do that.

0 Likes
Waxer92

I am having the exact picture quality problems. It was not until I purchased a Sony A1E 65 that I really noticed the pixelation and blurriness. I have changed the VMS1100 and splitters. Upgrading to 1 gig ont this week but I am not confident the picture will improve. Same as others Netflix and internet sources are great just a Verizon issue. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

yup same exact thing. I havent resorted to ditching the quantum receiver and going back to the legacy ones but from everything i heard that might be the only thing that fixes this. Crazy that more people are not complaining. I guess maybe they think its normal or dont care enough to complain. I basically gave up because i did want to get rid of the quantum service i need to record a lot of shows on my DVR.

0 Likes
ovived
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the difference between Legacy boxes and Quantum boxes? I'm a new FiOS customer (since May1) and I just got the Ultimate TV plan and 1gbps Internet. I have the new Arris boxes I guess, one in my living room and one in my bedroom. I notice sever ghosting and horrible pixelation on scenes with a lot of dark/black colors.

I just got a 75" QLED Samsung and now i'm really upset  now I don't want my quality to be so poor... what should I do please help

0 Likes
ovived
Enthusiast - Level 1

did it work for you? The legacy? 

0 Likes