Re: Poor Picture Quality on Quantum TV
Bob_P
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I had teck out to my house and replaced all wires coming into my house. Cost me $250.00 and it did not help at all. Ghosting and fuzziness in a new Sony top of the line 65" TV. I spent $6000.00 on a new tv. What a shame. FIOS must solve this problem with 4K tvs.

0 Likes
stan913

I replaced my VMS and still have a picture issue with SD channels.

Support said a patch will be sent out but not sure when?

0 Likes
stan913

Does anyone know when the poor picture quality patch will be deployed for SD channels for the VMS1100

0 Likes
tarkus602
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 65” Samsung 4K tv. Netflix and Amazon prime are perfect. My FIOS stb is a legacy Motorola. About 3 weeks ago, the picture really started getting bad. Like other users stated, HBO is almost unwatchable. I hope there is some solution coming soon. A better TV shouldn’t fault in a worse picture. Verizon needs to solve this. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your box is failing.

Just to confirm, try swapping TV inputs to confirm.

If problem stays with box, contact support.

1800verizon or twitter @verizonsupport

kkishfy

I was just set up with services on the VMS series DVR and gigabit internet.  The picture quality is horrible.  I was coming from Cox Communications Contour and let me tell you, the quality is just not there.  I am seriously considering going back to Cox and paying the premium price.  I thought Fios was supposed to be better.  Guess not.....

0 Likes
jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

has anyone switched to the new FIOS TVONE receivers? if so have you noticed any difference in the picture quality and this black smearing/shadowing issue?

0 Likes
Qdawg1
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES! I was actually signing on to share the news ASAP.  I was plagued by horrible picture with the quantum boxes on my TVs, especially my 4k TVs.  Yesterday, I switched to the Fios One boxes and the picture is perfect.  Must have to do with the fact that you can set the boxes to 2160p. Also, the UI has absolutely ZERO LAG.  You can blast through the channels, menu, and ondemand like a madman.  Everyone must switch right away and we can finally lay this thread as well as many others to bed. It's about time Verizon!

jdemo721
Enthusiast - Level 2

I meant to reply as well that I too switched to the new Fios one boxes and my picture had improved as well. The dark shadows and bleeding seem to have been fixed. 

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the Fios One STB eliminate both the color compression/banding/posterization issue AND the blurring/smearing issues?  I have the VMS1100 (set to 1080i) and the posterization effect is bad which bothers me more than the smearing. Referring to watching 1080i Fios channels on a 4k tv. Other content via the TV's apps are amazing. I'm not sure if both sets of symptoms stem from the the same Verizon issue. Blurring/smear seems to be related to frame rate compression but not sure. But does the new STB substantially help in both regards?

Thanks,

Rose

0 Likes