Poor Support
scottystewart

My daughter recently lost the ability to watch the Disney Channel through our FIOS network.  Both the HD and Standard channels only display the message "This channel is currently unavailable", and provide a number to call along with some ID# you're supposed to punch in to the VRU that answers the phone.  Ultimately, the automated system just resets your set tops, which did not resolve my problem.  So I tried their live online support, and after jumping through hoops with this person that clearly was not from this country, they end up telling me that the standard set top in my daughters room is not compatible with the Disney channel.  Now, up until a few months ago it was working, and there are no other channels that will not come in.  I don't find this answer plausible, and i'm tired of trying to get help from Verizon.  There's nothing about Verizon that makes me think they are any better than Brighthouse, and now, Brighthouse can offer something that Verizon cannot...hassle free ability for my daughter to watch the only channel she cares about...Disney.  So, sianara Verizon...maybe Brighthouse will appreciate my $2400 a year more than you do.  Then again, maybe they won't, but at least my daughter will be happier.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Poor Support
PJL
Master - Level 3

You might try this process.  It resets subscription information on the STB.  Let me know if it works.  It worked for me when I had a similar issue.

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.

5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi scottystewart,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
scottystewart

I followed these instructions and it did not resolve my issue.  Furthermore, there are 3 subcategories under System Information (Hardware, Software, Legal) and after step 4, the "OK" pushes you down into the software subcategory.

I'm really quite sick of trying to troubleshoot this problem.  Send someone out to fix it.  Otherwise, as soon as it is convenient for me i'm going back to Brighthouse.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi scottystewart,

We have not received a response from you concerning your TV issue and have closed your Private Support case. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

Thank you,

AdamG_VZ

0 Likes