Popping noise
sally
Since we got FIOS installed, our brand new HDTV makes a popping noise intermittently.  We called tech support and they sent us a new box. It happens less often, but still enough to bother us.  We've checked all the connections.  Is it the box, the TV, interference from something?
0 Likes
Re: Popping noise
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
What reciever are you using and how do you have it hooked up?  Hdmi, component, optical?  Is the output of the reciever going thru a vcr or anything?  Is it wired into your home audio system?
0 Likes
Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1
Does it specifically happen when switching from a HD channel to a SD channel and vice versa?
0 Likes
sally
We are using the DVR box Verizon sent us and nothing us. Its hooked up with an HDMI cable. It doesn't go through a VCR or anything else.  Thanks for any help you can give us.
0 Likes
sally
No -- It doesn't seem to be related to switching channels at all. We can be watching the same channel for a couple of hours and it will happen several times in that time period.  
0 Likes
Ytsejam
I can't help you, but I have had the same issue for months and it has been driving me crazy as well. It is very intermittent, maybe for a couple hours off and on it will make a loud pop once in a while and then it's fine for a few weeks. The popping is loud enough that my dogs will bark at it. I have had the TV geeks look at it and couldn't find anything wrong. Hope someone else has maybe got an answer. My TV is a 46" Samsung DLP if that matters to anyone.   
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Sally, do you have a Samsung tv too?

One workaround i've read about is to hook up your Television using Component cables.  There doesn't seem to be any issues with them.  Only Hdmi...

Just so I don't hear "Why doesn't Verizon fix their set top boxes?"  Samsung has been having hdmi issues with a variety of manufacturers.  I"m sure they will work it out.

0 Likes
sally

YES - we do have a Samsung.  I'll try to component cables instead of the HDMI and let you know if it works. Thanks for the idea.

0 Likes