Positive experience I wanted to share.
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

No big deal... just wanted to share my recent customer service request that was actually positive.  I know most folks only post complaints or dislikes about Fios Customer Service, but I actually had a pretty good experience with a recent upgrade.

So I've had the Home Media DVR service since April.  I, just like many others, was very disappointed to learn that it was limited to only working with the QIP2500 SD STBs for streaming recorded shows.  I have 5 TVs, 3 of which are HD-capable, so this meant I could only watch HD on one of my TVs and the others were stuck with SD.  Well, with the recent IMG 1.6 upgrade, I called up Verizon and asked about upgrading the two other HDTVs from SD STBs to HD STBs.  The Customer Service rep was very helpful and processed my order and had two new HD STBs on their way.  I received them the other night, set everything up, and activated everything online without having to call them again.  The whole process took maybe 20 minutes, but everything worked great afterwards.  HD recordings stream just fine from the Home Media DVR to the remote HD STBs, so I'm finally happy!  I was even impressed that both Motorola HD STBs included 10-foot HDMI cables (I only needed one as the other uses Component), so now I have an extra.  They included a return shipping label for my older 2500 SD STBs that I simply shipped back free of charge.  The whole process was very painless and worked as advertised.

Re: Positive experience I wanted to share.
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
My experience with Verizon has been positive also. Unfortunately in these forums, we tend to dwell on the negative. Not too many take the time to speak about the things that work well.
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Completely happy with Verizon's FiOS.  But there is always room to make it even better.  I don't know that we are making a difference because there is no feedback from Verizon here.  The moderators jump in here and there but we have no way of knowing who at Verizon reads this that can make the changes we want.

I have asked for a direct way to communicate with Verizon but that may be wishful thinking.

0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

nascar wrote:

Thank you Kathleen.  I'm glad Verizon is listening.

I would be very interested in being part of a user group to provide feedback.  I would imagine many people here would be interested as well.  I would enjoy helping make FiOS TV a better experience for all.

Thank you again.

Not as wishful as you think nascar.  I have gotten a hold of someone here at Verizon who may be interested in your offer.  Let me know if you would like to be put in contact with him.

Regards,

Kathleen

Verizon Forums Team Administrator

CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@Kathleen wrote:

@nascar wrote:

I would be very interested in being part of a user group to provide feedback.  I would imagine many people here would be interested as well.  I would enjoy helping make FiOS TV a better experience for all.

Thank you again.

Not as wishful as you think nascar.  I have gotten a hold of someone here at Verizon who may be interested in your offer.  Let me know if you would like to be put in contact with him.

Regards,

Kathleen

Kathleen,

If possible, I'd love to be added to that list for a feedback user group.

Thanks 
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Absolutely!

Let me know how I can provide you my contact information.

Thank you Kathleen!

@Kathleen wrote:

@nascar wrote:

Thank you again.

Regards,

Kathleen

0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Of course CapnTrips.  Adding you now.

Regards,

Kathleen

0 Likes
JohngVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nascar - I understand you may be interested in being a participant for beta testing of new fios tv products.  We are currently running a trial for a new media manager feature that allows the ability to stream selected user-generated content sites from your PC,  through your set-top box, to your TV.  If you are interested in becoming a partipant (its a 60 day trial), you can go to:  www.verizon.com/testtrack.

Talk to you soon!

0 Likes
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would very much like to be involved in a user group to share some ideas with Verizon! 
0 Likes