Premuim channels unavailable, CableCARD Validation (CCV) not received
CoyoteDen

I had FiOS service installed yesterday, one CableCARD in a Ceton 4-tuner Windows 8 PC. The installer activated the card and most of the channels in my package are working.

HBO, Cinemax, and other premium channels are still unavailable as "Subscription Required", and the Ceton Diagnostics are reporting CableCARD Validation message (CCV) not received.

I assume this is because the card hasn't been properly paired. I called FiOS tech support and followed the prompts to enter the Host ID and Data ID numbers. I made sure the PC was on for at least an hour, even though the support system indicated the activation should have been sent within 30 minutes.

Should the card be properly validated and re-paired at this point? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Premuim channels unavailable, CableCARD Validation (CCV) not received
KidGoldenArms

Hey, me too!

Verizon came out this morning (Thursday, May 16). The technician was on-site from 9:00 am - 11:30 am. Really nice guy. Very efficient. No complaints there.

Got cable card activated in a Ceton 4-tuner Windows 7 machine. Am not subscribed to any premium channels (e.g. HBO) but every Prime HD channel I checked (e.g. FXHD, CartoonNetwork HD) all worked. However, Ceton Diagnostics show red for CableCARD validation. It says, "Have cable company send CCV" -- or something close to that. Ceton Diagnostics has green check marks for everything else.

You got your stuff installed 3 days ago. Have you solved your issue? i.e. Has your card been properly validated?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm in Northern Virginia if that makes any difference.

0 Likes
Re: Premuim channels unavailable, CableCARD Validation (CCV) not received
prisaz
Legend

I have two Ceton cards in one PC for eight tuners at my main TV. Two Ceton Echo extenders, one X-box, and two network tuners dedicated to individual PCs. All works fine.

If you did not follow the Microsoft check and do the software installation exactly, you could have issues. I have green check marks for all. Plus I have Ultimate, and until recently have had all premium channels, including HBO etc. If you have the CCV error, something was not activated properly.

All this is pulled up from one of my network tuners that I have dedicated to a single Windows 7 Ultimate PC.

You can also look here. The device webpage also provides much information.

0 Likes