ProSieben German channel showing at wrong aspect ratio
storemike

The ProSieben German channel showing at wrong aspect ratio.   This started in the late summer last year and I called support about it, but they insisted it was something on my end and basically gave me the run-around for over an hour.  I'd been receiving the two German channels just fine for months, and all other channels, including the other German channel DeutscheWelle, are coming in perfectly.  I'm the IT director at my company, so I know my way around electronics, etc.  I'd already rechecked my connections and completely powered down the dvr box by unplugging it from the wall and waiting, etc.  This had no effect.  The one German channel is still coming in at 4:3 instead of 16:9 like it used to.  I had these channels with Comcast as well, and can confirm that they are coming to the US at 16:9. 

Is there somewhere I can check to see the aspect ratio I'm receiving the channel at?  I did not see any channel-specific settings.  I really don't feel like spending another couple of hours on the phone with Verizon support, even though I'm paying an extra $15 each month for these two channels.

Thanks!

Signed,

Frustrated in Boston

0 Likes