Switch Account

(Probably for a Verizon Tech) - Remote DVR and ROUTER ISSUE

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

(Probably for a Verizon Tech) - Remote DVR and ROUTER ISSUE

Message 1 of 13
(8,501 Views)
For some reason - my settop box now has a new IP of 192.168.1.101.... Last week it was 192.168.1.103.  The issue is that the firewall rule for the port fowarding rule for the remote DVR function to work is still set up in the router to foward to 192.168.1.103, which now is not the IP of the settop... any ideas how to fix this?
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: (Probably for a Verizon Tech) - Remote DVR and ROUTER ISSUE

Message 2 of 13
(8,474 Views)
the router assigns the IP to the STB's dynamically, but alwasy in the .10x range... you could try statically assigning the DVR to .101 or setup the rule for each IP(101, 102, 103, etc for however many STBs you have), if possible...
Message Edited by Bob_Robertson on 06-26-2009 11:03 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 13
(8,443 Views)

Is the RemoteDVR Functionality still working with the rule changes on your Router ?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 13
(8,427 Views)

Nope.  I'm not sure how to assign a static IP.  How do you do that from the router?  I would think that would have to be done from the settop???   Please tell me how to do this and I'll try it.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 13
(8,382 Views)

This is how to make a dynamic address issued by DHCP a static address. Always issued to the same device.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&message.id=5108#M5108

I hope this helps or points you in the right direction. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 6 of 13
(8,290 Views)

Jeff1512,

is this issue resolved after we last spoke?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 7 of 13
(8,287 Views)

Well - I'd really like to know if the DNS entry is a requiremnt to manually be put in... and the port forwarding rule, is that a requirement to be manually input as well?  

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 8 of 13
(8,262 Views)
The Dns info is not a requirement for those who have internet as well as video services. We have run into a few circumstances with Video only customers needing that put in. To answer the question the answer should be no. I did make the guys over at the remote DVR team aware of the issue as well.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 9 of 13
(8,249 Views)

OK. Thanks!   You still have not answered the port forwarding question.... Is the port forwarding a requirement?  Would someone (me) need to add it if the uPNP doesnt not automatically?  Thats really my concern... why didnt the uPNP configure my router?

The Remote DVR has been functioning now for 24hrs since I rebooted it last night.  

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 10 of 13
(8,156 Views)
The Portforwarding should be automatic now that its working again check your portforwarding in the router see if its there.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.