Problem changing channels, using DVR
acct201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having major issues with my main Quantum box.  Changing channels can be difficult if not impossible.  The lag time is unbelievablly slow.  Trying to watch shows recorded with the DVR is even worse; very problematic, sometimes impossible to watch anything on the DVR.  

I've changed out my batteries on the remote; tried a different remote, and even rebotted all my equipment several times,  To no avail.

Please help, My father who is 80 years old is frustrrated and I may need to switch my service.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: Problem changing channels, using DVR
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version software do you currently have?

It is under menu-settings-system info.
There are some more recent releases 4.28 that have better response.

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is what it is. I've had this problem even since I went to quantum when it first came out. Currently already on 4.28 and it is still really really frustrating.

Only solution is to change providers as far as I know...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which 4.28?

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

middleware: 4.28.1

UI: 4.28.2

Build: 4.28.3

Arris VMW110

Rebooting doesn't help.

Was really looking forward to APR-2.0; sounded like it would resolve the problems, but it is still really really bad...

0 Likes
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same problem. Also have a problem with FastForward and Fast Reverse.  I'll FF during a DVR recordeded program and hit "play", but the FF just continues on.  Then I have to hit FR a couple of times to stop and go back and then, hopefully, the Play button will stop it somewhere where I want to be.  Also, the lag time in doing almost anything is ridiculous.  I visited my sister this weekend and she has Cox.  Everything was crisp and immediately responsive. Not a bunch of picture Icons to slow things down and take up otherwise useable space.   The search function also presents full results chronologically and is also informative, not almost useless like now with Verizon.

0 Likes
Ronarino

Same problem here, upgraded 5 new boxes and all are terrible.  I thought it was remote at first, changed batteries, etc.  They started moving to each room and same issue.  I can't even find a way to let Verizon know online, like it's going to matter though.

0 Likes