Problem getting my Sharp blue ray with Netflix working with FiOS - it was working with cable
fcullari

Woman SadAfter I had FIOS installed I have not been able to get my Sharp Blue Ray Netflix working.  I was using a Netgear WNCE 2001 internet adapter to get this to work with cable, but I cannot get that same adapter to work with FIOS.  I have read that their are ports on the back of the set top box but they are not working.  Can someone tell me how to get this working with the FIOS router??

I need help.

Thanks,

Fran  Woman Sad

0 Likes
Re: Problem getting my Sharp blue ray with Netflix working with FiOS - it was working with cable
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Fran,

I took a quick look at that adapter's manual. ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNCE2001/Documentation/UM/WNCE2001_UM_24Sep10.pdf

If you haven't re-done the settings on the adapter the most likely culprit is that it's looking for the wrong WiFi signal. The FiOS router's signal name ( called ESSID or SSID)  and password ( called WEP-Key) would be different than your old equipment. You can find the WiFi information on a sticker on the router and you would just follow the directions in the manual for the adapter on how to change the settings.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Problem getting my Sharp blue ray with Netflix working with FiOS - it was working with cable
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

fcullari,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Tonya D

0 Likes