Problem playing recorded programs on remote STB with multi-room DVR
JJK

We have the Home Media DVR and two "remote" STBs.  Sometimes when we try to play a recorded program on one of the STBs we get the message "Cannot play selected program - try again later".  We have had Verizon tech support remotely reset the DVR and that clears up the problem.  We have found that recycling the power on the DVR also will fix it but the problem returns - on average about once per week.  Verizon tech support also suggested resetting the modem/router, but this doesn't always fix it.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea why this happens so often?  Last night it happened twice within a span of two hours.  Verizon tech support has not offered any help with actually fixing the issue - they only seem to be able to instruct us to turn the power off and on again.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

-JJK

0 Likes
Re: Problem playing recorded programs on remote STB with multi-room DVR
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi JJK...Constance here. Sorry to hear our DVR box is causing grief. Have you ever been sent a new DVR box from us?

0 Likes
Re: Problem playing recorded programs on remote STB with multi-room DVR
JJK

Hi Constance - no I have not ever been sent a new DVR.  I have only been a FIOS subscriber since June of this year.  Based on the problem I described, is this what you would recommend?  If so, how would I make that happen?  Also, is there any way to transfer recorded programs from the old DVR to the new DVR?

Thanks for your help with this,

JJK

0 Likes