Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Problem setting up Philips RC144 remote control

BS0323
Contributor
Contributor

Problem setting up Philips RC144 remote control

Message 1 of 5
(2,762 Views)

I have my FIOS HD cable box, a Philps HDTV and an RCA home theater.  I've followed the coding instructions for the Philips RC144 remote control and have been successful getting it to control the TV and cable box just fine, but can't seem to get it right for the home theater.  I've tried every RCA code and about 3 of them work to control on/off and volume, but none of them will control other functions such as Menu, cursor selection, etc.  Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Problem setting up Philips RC144 remote control

Message 2 of 5
(2,745 Views)

I'm not sure about this, but I think that's about all you may get. I just programmed mine for my Sony receiver and can only control power, vol up, vol down, and mute.

Consider yourself lucky I guess. As I understand it, they are only issuing remotes that control 2 functions now (STB and TV). At least in some areas.

spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 5
(2,690 Views)

yeah, I doubt your doing anything wrong. The verizon remote is likely only going to work the primary functions like volume and power. But it likely will not work the more specific functions like source selection and menu.

You can always try the "what if none of the codes work" scan, there may yet be a code that will give you more.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
BS0323
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(2,673 Views)

Thanks for your help on this.  Like you say, at least I have some control.  My wife is always complaining about why we need to have 3 different remote controls, so at least I'm now down to just 2!!  Have a great weekend.

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(2,660 Views)

For what's it's worth, you could buy a generic multi-function remote that would control all three devices. I bought a 6-device Universal Remote Control brand one on Amazon for $15 that even has some limited learning capability (about 35-40 functions total). So that way it could fill in the gaps that most pre-programmed remotes leave.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title