Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Problem with Fios TV Mobile Remote Control

henryvli
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Fios TV Mobile Remote Control

Message 1 of 6
(5,882 Views)

Hi I installed Fios TV Mobile Remote Control to my phone. When I start to use it, it asks me for name and last 4 digits of mobile no. I entered my name and mobile number, it always will return "wrong pin number". So what can I do and what exactly is the name and mobile no? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
VZ_Ron
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Problem with Fios TV Mobile Remote Control

Message 2 of 6
(5,804 Views)

Hey do you a parental PIN on the STB that you are trying to use the remote control on that's the only you should get a prompt for a PIN.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

henryvli
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(5,780 Views)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sbcDBaZbC-c/S4L1HA9Kr2I/AAAAAAAAIBs/ciqytcJ83qw/s512/Screen001.jpg

I found this when I try to use the remote app. I entered my information but it will always say my pin is wrong.

hokie
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(5,760 Views)

What type of phone are you trying to run the app on?

Try going to your STB and choose Settings > FiOS Remote DVR > Mobile Phone Access

From here you should be prompted to enter your phone number, and you'll receive a PIN which you should then be prompted by the app on your phone to enter.

I never saw the form you posted during my setup process (I'm on a BlackBerry 8900).

henryvli
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(5,649 Views)
agw
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(5,313 Views)

That is exactly where I'm stuck at as well. I have a confirmation code in this screen (see below) but cannot figure out what numbers to enter on the phone.

Register a Mobile DeviceUse this section to register a new Verizon mobile device, change phone number
or use a different household mobile device to operate your DVRs remotely.

DVR Enabled
Name: HD DVR Mobile Phone: XXXXXXX8200 Edit   Remove   Model: QIP6416 | Unit Address: 0001095314

Confirmation Code 9971XXXX  

Mobile Remote DVR Status : Awaiting Authorization
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title