Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, if what I posted above doesn't work, then un-link the remote and start over. I assume you have the 4100 boxes right?

@Jefarl wrote:

I have the same issue. Do I have to unlink the remote and start over? Also when I go to menu, setting, I don't see voice control? Fios tv voice remote?  

Tony15236

My remote(s) keeps unpairing from my TV and wont shut off the tv and sometimes the volume control stops working  even after manually  setting up by entering manufacturer and model. Works for a day "maybe" them unpairs again. Happens with 3 of my TVs CONSTANTLY! So far NOT A FAN of these new boxes. 

Also, when a remote falls on the floow off a couch or bed, also unpairs. Changed the batteries...no help...

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tony15236 wrote:

My remote(s) keeps unpairing from my TV and wont shut off the tv and sometimes the volume control stops working  even after manually  setting up by entering manufacturer and model. Works for a day "maybe" them unpairs again. Happens with 3 of my TVs CONSTANTLY! So far NOT A FAN of these new boxes. 

Also, when a remote falls on the floow off a couch or bed, also unpairs. Changed the batteries...no help...

Try killing power to all but one box. Un-pair, then re-pair the remote for that box including manually setting up the TV info. Do the same for all 3 boxes, having only one box powered on at a time. When all 3 are done, turn the others on.

Chipper14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem and called tech support numerous times over several weeks! SOLUTION is simple but never mentioned or put in install or usage guide. The voice remote actually uses 2 different signal media ---IR and Bluetooth!  Therefore you need to POINT THE REMOTE AT THE TV/DVR4100 box to turn on and off.  The voice commands and searches all work fine as advertised!  Once figured out all is well.

wallywolf1

I have a similar problem.

Multiple ONs or Multiple OFFs are required to turn TV on or off. Given solution (Manual Programming) appears to work the first time I try On or OFF, but after that the problem returns. I am not interested in "screen recommendations ". Especially when I want to turn the TV/ST off to walk away (go to bed), I don't want to stand around and keep pressing OFF, ad infinitum.  All this is very annoying.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Menu, settings,system,television, recommendations turn off. Also settings, notifications, recommendations off and promotions off.

Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did all of above, not just one, but probably 10 or more times. it does not let Voice Fios remote turn off my 50" Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

did not help or work for me.

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios Voice remote does NOT power off completely. Almost immediately after pressing the Shut off button, the viewing channel is gone, BUT another screen pops up with the Fios picture on the screen, time at the button and the Fios emblem moves around the screen.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ritter197 wrote:

Fios Voice remote does NOT power off completely. Almost immediately after pressing the Shut off button, the viewing channel is gone, BUT another screen pops up with the Fios picture on the screen, time at the button and the Fios emblem moves around the screen.

As I've  said in other related threads the 4100 boxes NEVER turn off completely. They ALWAYS display a screen saver at the simplest, and recommendations on what to watch if you dont disable them. Just shut off the TV and it's over. If the TV won't shut off you need to disable CEC in the TV or disable Video Input Control in the video settings menu in the Fios box.

0 Likes