Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please try this too for support and let me know if it helps.

Menu -> Settings -> Audio & Video -> Video Settings -> TV Input Control -> Enable

Thanks

Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did and just answered, but this application never lets you see whether I answer or not, or I should say, THAT I answered.

Here again : I did as suggested. When I turn OFF, the present channel is off, BUT immediately promotions ( still format) come up, like Bad Boys, then many others, one after the other.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ritter197 wrote:

I did and just answered, but this application never lets you see whether I answer or not, or I should say, THAT I answered.

Here again : I did as suggested. When I turn OFF, the present channel is off, BUT immediately promotions ( still format) come up, like Bad Boys, then many others, one after the other.

Ok, what you are seeing can be gotten rid of by going to menu>settings>system>notifications and then disable promotions and recommendations. I thought the problem we were dealing with here is your TV not turning off. The Fios box itself NEVER completely turns off, there is always a screensaver.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ritter197 wrote:

Ok, support wants you to try this, EXACTLY as it's written. They think they may know what's going on:

• Menu -> Settings -> Audio & Video -> Video Settings -> TV Input Control -> Enable
  • Make sure CEC enabled in Samsung TV
  • Menu -> Settings -> Voice Control -> Fios TV Voice Remote -> Program Fios TV Voice Remote -> Reset Remote setup
  • Menu -> Settings -> Voice Control -> Fios TV Voice Remote -> Program Fios TV Voice Remote -> Auto setup
  • Complete the Power and Volume verification screen steps that follow
  • Now check if Power/Volume is working on this TV
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of above EXACTLY. A number of times. Does not work .

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ritter197 wrote:

Tried all of above EXACTLY. A number of times. Does not work .

Ok, Support is looking into a fix. It looks like the APR 6.9 update may have broken the remote codes. Hang in and they'll fix it, hopefully soon.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please try this and report if it helps:

Another thing we would like the user to try would be to try and pair his working remote from one of his IPCs to this VMS STB where he is currently seeing the issue and see if that works.
Would be best to first invoke reset programming on his working remote, followed by invoking Play/Pause+0 from his remote once in direct vicinity of the VMS to pair.
That would help us rule out if he is seeing a remote issue or a box issue.

Thanks
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any progress re the remote?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry to say I haven't gotten any new ideas for you from support. Did you try posting here:https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect, and telling them about the issue? that's a direct line to support.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try inputting the exact model of your TV when doing the manual programming, or did you let the box do it automatically?  please try manual programming and input the exact model of tv.

0 Likes