Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did it automatically, a number of times, and also quite a few times manually and with exact input of Samsung Model number.

Did not work, so that the Remote would do the proper total turn-off of Samsung smart Tv.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't remember but did you try turning off Video input control on the Verizon box?

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO, did not turn it off. Makes sense that it stay on, or not???

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ritter197 wrote:

NO, did not turn it off. Makes sense that it stay on, or not???

It is CEC for the Fios box. It basically turns on whatever you have the box going to when you turn the box on. Sometimes it causes a loop where the other device won't turn off, that's why I suggested turning it off.

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did turn it off. No difference. No total turn off of TV and not even SOURCE works. Have to do BOTH with the Samsung Remote. There's definitely something bad and wrong with Verizon and they do not fix it, ignore all.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Trust me on this, there are at least 3 groups of people working on this problem. I don't work for Verizon so I dont have a dog in this show. There's a lot going on that has to be done to fix a firmware issue and that's what this is looking like.  I suspect both manufacturers have a problem.

0 Likes
Deanchan

Is there a resolution yet? It is already June seems like this thread stop 2months ago?

verizon - any solutions yet?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Deanchan wrote:

Is there a resolution yet? It is already June seems like this thread stop 2months ago?

verizon - any solutions yet?

Just re-submitted it with support. We'll see if they come up with a solution.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be a fix in the next firmware update. Hang on, its being taken care of. Seems to be a problem with mostly Samsung TV firmware not playing nice with Verizon.

0 Likes
wallywolf1

Also a problem with my Panasonic TVs!!  I have 2.  One is worse than another.  The one that is bad is unbearable.  Sometimes, takes more than 20 off presses to turn off TV, while the STB cycles between Fios "Press any button to watch TV" and TV on.

0 Likes