Switch Account

Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

SOLVED
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 11 of 14
(799 Views)

Yes, if what I posted above doesn't work, then un-link the remote and start over. I assume you have the 4100 boxes right?

@Jefarl wrote:

I have the same issue. Do I have to unlink the remote and start over? Also when I go to menu, setting, I don't see voice control? Fios tv voice remote?  

Contributor Tony15236
Contributor
Message 12 of 14
(737 Views)

My remote(s) keeps unpairing from my TV and wont shut off the tv and sometimes the volume control stops working  even after manually  setting up by entering manufacturer and model. Works for a day "maybe" them unpairs again. Happens with 3 of my TVs CONSTANTLY! So far NOT A FAN of these new boxes. 

Also, when a remote falls on the floow off a couch or bed, also unpairs. Changed the batteries...no help...

Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 13 of 14
(726 Views)

@Tony15236 wrote:

My remote(s) keeps unpairing from my TV and wont shut off the tv and sometimes the volume control stops working  even after manually  setting up by entering manufacturer and model. Works for a day "maybe" them unpairs again. Happens with 3 of my TVs CONSTANTLY! So far NOT A FAN of these new boxes. 

Also, when a remote falls on the floow off a couch or bed, also unpairs. Changed the batteries...no help...

Try killing power to all but one box. Un-pair, then re-pair the remote for that box including manually setting up the TV info. Do the same for all 3 boxes, having only one box powered on at a time. When all 3 are done, turn the others on.

Copper Contributor Chipper14
Copper Contributor
Message 14 of 14
(418 Views)

I had this problem and called tech support numerous times over several weeks! SOLUTION is simple but never mentioned or put in install or usage guide. The voice remote actually uses 2 different signal media ---IR and Bluetooth!  Therefore you need to POINT THE REMOTE AT THE TV/DVR4100 box to turn on and off.  The voice commands and searches all work fine as advertised!  Once figured out all is well.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.