Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

SOLVED
Reply
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 21 of 50
(1,153 Views)

NONE of the many answers including those from Verizon do NOT work Not the manua install, not the selection and model number of TV ( a very late model Samsung smart TV) none of the many canned answers of the same again and again by Verizon, none work. The most basic of turning off a TV does not work and NO correct workable answer has appeared in weeks and yet there seem to be MANY, MANY who have this problem. It's utterly disgusting and frustrating.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Posts: 1,037
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 22 of 50
(1,134 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

NONE of the many answers including those from Verizon do NOT work Not the manua install, not the selection and model number of TV ( a very late model Samsung smart TV) none of the many canned answers of the same again and again by Verizon, none work. The most basic of turning off a TV does not work and NO correct workable answer has appeared in weeks and yet there seem to be MANY, MANY who have this problem. It's utterly disgusting and frustrating.


Ok, so the heart of this issue is the Verizon remote has the wrong codes for your Samsung TV, sound right?. Does it control volume or input correctly for the TV, or is it totally not working?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 23 of 50
(1,111 Views)

FIOS VOICE REMOTE I have tried for weeks many of the so-called “solutions” on the internet and also the “canned” answers by Verizon. None work. I have paired and unpaired the remote to the STB, I have selected the Samsung smart TV and Model number in the Manual setup under Settings, none work to do the most basic job of turning off the TV.

Chanel change work, sound work, voice work, just not TURN OFF TV.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Posts: 1,037
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 24 of 50
(1,095 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

FIOS VOICE REMOTE I have tried for weeks many of the so-called “solutions” on the internet and also the “canned” answers by Verizon. None work. I have paired and unpaired the remote to the STB, I have selected the Samsung smart TV and Model number in the Manual setup under Settings, none work to do the most basic job of turning off the TV.

Chanel change work, sound work, voice work, just not TURN OFF TV.


I really hope you posting this 3 times in one thread and again in 2 other threads is a mistake. People are trying to help you and this kind d of behavior is detrimental to the entire process. Please give the techs some time to figure this out, they are spread very thin with the current world situation, but I'm sure you are aware of this.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 25 of 50
(1,060 Views)

ALL works, sound, channel, except the TURN OFF of TV.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 26 of 50
(1,058 Views)

Unfortunately I have no idea many times whether it got posted. It is not like so many boards, even e-mail, where I can see at once my response. Sorry.

BUT I have never gotten a response from Tech. that fixes this and I can see that MANY people have the same problem.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Posts: 1,037
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 27 of 50
(1,047 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

Unfortunately I have no idea many times whether it got posted. It is not like so many boards, even e-mail, where I can see at once my response. Sorry.

BUT I have never gotten a response from Tech. that fixes this and I can see that MANY people have the same problem.


I have been trying to tell you that support is now aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Please have patience in the mean time. Besides Verizon updates many TV manufacturers update their devices in the background and sometimes those updates break functionality. Give it some time as inconvenient as it is. There are people trying to figure it out for you.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Posts: 1,037
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 28 of 50
(894 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

Unfortunately I have no idea many times whether it got posted. It is not like so many boards, even e-mail, where I can see at once my response. Sorry.

BUT I have never gotten a response from Tech. that fixes this and I can see that MANY people have the same problem.


I need your EXACT setup information. TV make, model STB model, how everything is hooked up, any other equipment in the chain.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 29 of 50
(878 Views)

Information to Verizon April 1, 2020 regarding TV, SB, Remote, Setup
TV: Samsung 50”, Smart TV, Bought February 2020, Model number is UN50NU6950

Verizon STB: Arris. Mfg. PN 599419-0003,
VMS4100/Z216/0712/1000 Platform ID 833, Phase 1

Verizon FIOS Remote: Inside on white paper label, FO:B3:1E:09:77:28, Made in Mexico.
Inside printed on removable black P18248-Co2, ABS

VIZIO Soundbar: Model SB 3621N-8EN

Setup performed as required: Automatic and also Manual mode. Blue light on Verizon Remote blinking, when it stops, follow exactly as requested on Screen. Done this many time alone and also with your Technical support, more than once, twice or more, over the last weeks.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Posts: 1,037
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV

Message 30 of 50
(872 Views)

@Ritter197 wrote:

Information to Verizon April 1, 2020 regarding TV, SB, Remote, Setup
TV: Samsung 50”, Smart TV, Bought February 2020, Model number is UN50NU6950

Verizon STB: Arris. Mfg. PN 599419-0003,
VMS4100/Z216/0712/1000 Platform ID 833, Phase 1

Verizon FIOS Remote: Inside on white paper label, FO:B3:1E:09:77:28, Made in Mexico.
Inside printed on removable black P18248-Co2, ABS

VIZIO Soundbar: Model SB 3621N-8EN

Setup performed as required: Automatic and also Manual mode. Blue light on Verizon Remote blinking, when it stops, follow exactly as requested on Screen. Done this many time alone and also with your Technical support, more than once, twice or more, over the last weeks.


I need to know if you are going from Fios box to TV via HDMI, then TV to soundbar via HDMI, or optical, or are you going Fios box to soundbar via HDMI, then soundbar to TV via HDMI. It makes a difference to support to know.

Thanks Again.

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.