Problem with volume changing while watching TV
Thelmalouise
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have FIOS for tv, internet and phone service for almost a year now with no problems but since the recent upgrade I am now experiencing TV  volume control issues where the volume is too high during commercials and too low during the program itself. In fact the volume changes even while I am watching a program. I tried changing my audio settings of format, volume control and dynamic range and afterwards thinking I fixed it, only to go to another program and have the problem again. I had this problem with cable and was thrilled when I switched to FIOS and found I didn't have to constantly keep adjusting my tv  volume every time a commercial came on anymore, but now I am having the same problem.

I have a large 2002  HD projection TV if that is of any significance.  

Is anyone else having this problem since the recent changes to the channel guide? does anyone know what audio settings I should have? cable would tell me that they only transmitted the signal as sent by the stations and could not prevent or correct volume control issues, is that the same for FIOS?

Thanks.

Re: Problem with volume changing while watching TV
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Are you still having volume troubles? Please send me a PM if you need assistance.

Also,

Do you notice this occuring on HD channels or Non-HD channels?

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
invisibleman

Hi Shamika_VZ,

I'm having this exact problem as well. On HD channels. My issue is exactly as the original poster described - volume levels go up and down during programs, commercials are almost always much louder than other content, and nothing about my setup has changed except for the FIOS guide update about two months ago.

This has probably been going on for two weeks now? Maybe a little less.

I'll send this in a PM as well, thanks.

0 Likes
Redbrick1
I have the same issue... Were any solutions ever found?
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Wait for congress or the FCC to take action.   The problem is at the channel owners level.

0 Likes
samkqboro
Same here, i thought I was crazy thinking about the volume changes. Noticed it since my box was updated with the new software a few weeks ago.
0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I have the same problem when I watch the weather channel on 119 SD the volume is low and have to turn it up to hear it then the local forcast will come on and blow you out of the chair. I watch channel 119 instead of 619 HD because the HD channel does not have local forecast, when are they going to straighten that out?

0 Likes
Frohde

We have also experienced, for months, volume fluctuations. Sometimes very loud commercials, but usually it is simply this: while watching almost any programming at normal volume (HD and non-HD sets and boxes) the volume simply drops to a barely audible level, and then over 20 seconds or so it gradually goes back up to normal. Again, not specific to any kind of signal or box. When I called, I was asked to track when and how it happened. Called again on an unrelated issue; a technician had to come out, and I brought it up again. I was told to discuss it with the tech, and did. He was clueless, checked all the boxes and had no idea what was causing the problem, and did not even glance at the list we had prepared.

Although not unbearable, it is mildy irritating and we do not pay for any kind of irritation. Any ideas on if there is any way to correct this issue? 

thanks!

0 Likes
dwhitplano

What a crock!  When are we going to hold our service providers accountable for crappy product.?  Why must the government intercede?  They sell us a service and take no responsibility for the crappy equipment they give us.  I have the same issue and no one at Verizon seems to be an expert at anything other than giving us execuses.

Frustrated!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@dwhitplano wrote:

What a crock!  When are we going to hold our service providers accountable for crappy product.?  Why must the government intercede?  They sell us a service and take no responsibility for the crappy equipment they give us.  I have the same issue and no one at Verizon seems to be an expert at anything other than giving us execuses.

Frustrated!

Have you filed a complaint with thge FCC?

0 Likes