Problems after installing replacement STB
CJinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

After installing replacement STB, I can no longer easily get back to regular programming after watching something via an app like Lifetime or Amazon Prime, etc. I used to be able to scroll to Source then Fios and get right back. My tv is a Samsung QLED. What do I need to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems after installing replacement STB
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@CJinVA wrote:

STB is connected with the same wires and exactly as the previous STB was connected. Everything works fine except for returning to Fios TV after watching a program through one of my apps like Prime Video, AppleTv, etc. To get to my apps, I use the Samsung TV remote. Press the Home button to see my apps. I scroll to and select the one I want and watch. When done, I again press the Home button on the Samsung remote, scroll to Source, then select “LivingRoom” which is the name of my STB. Instead of returning to live tv, what is displayed is a bunch of folders. At that point, the only way to get back to Fios tv is to exit, and then live tv comes back. In the past, selecting Fios from source immediately took me back. Yes, the choice used to be Fios, but this time there is no choice named Fios, only my named STB. After finish with an app, if I simply click on the TV app, then my Fios remote won’t work for anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try menu>settings>Audio and video>Video settings>TV input control and disable it.

The folder display is strange, not part of the Fios world. Sounds like a Samsung thing. Or could be accessing DVR folders for some reason.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you explain more?

I have several Samsung TVs.

How is STB connected to TV?

CJinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

STB is connected with the same wires and exactly as the previous STB was connected. Everything works fine except for returning to Fios TV after watching a program through one of my apps like Prime Video, AppleTv, etc. To get to my apps, I use the Samsung TV remote. Press the Home button to see my apps. I scroll to and select the one I want and watch. When done, I again press the Home button on the Samsung remote, scroll to Source, then select “LivingRoom” which is the name of my STB. Instead of returning to live tv, what is displayed is a bunch of folders. At that point, the only way to get back to Fios tv is to exit, and then live tv comes back. In the past, selecting Fios from source immediately took me back. Yes, the choice used to be Fios, but this time there is no choice named Fios, only my named STB. After finish with an app, if I simply click on the TV app, then my Fios remote won’t work for anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@CJinVA wrote:

Try menu>settings>Audio and video>Video settings>TV input control and disable it.

The folder display is strange, not part of the Fios world. Sounds like a Samsung thing. Or could be accessing DVR folders for some reason.